franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

6 minutes ago, Verrows said:

After seeing the trailer what are your predicts? (Just for fun, I know we can't make any serious prognostications from one early teaser)

Right now I'm thinking:

OW: $165M

Dom total: $400M

It’s got the prime summer opening slot in May and will likely have somewhat of a finale factor to it. I’m thinking at least $175M for the OW.

Just now, SnokesLegs said:

It’s got the prime summer opening slot in May and will likely have somewhat of a finale factor to it. I’m thinking at least $175M for the OW.

That's what I thought too but I'm starting to get really cautious. I thought Wakanda Forever would blow up and although it's doing fine, I wouldn't call how it's actually performing "blowing up". I think Marvel has lost a chunk of the GA and that, outside Avengers events, these movies have sort of a cap going forward.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

6 minutes ago, Verrows said:

I think Marvel has lost a chunk of the GA and that, outside Avengers events, these movies have sort of a cap going forward.

Didn't a non-Avengers Marvel film just do $800M+ DOM less than a year ago?

• Like 2

Looks amazing, and since the holiday special was so good and it was shot along with this movie, i'm sure this will be great too. 

I laugh at the jokes (a rarity these days with MCU), and also get emotional. I'm convinced this will be the biggest MCU movie in quite some time (besides NWH). 

And i don't think the BP2 comparissons fit tbh. They're both the most backloaded franchises inside of MCU, but while BP2 suffer from coming of such a cultural phenomenon and without it's lead (so the drop is somewhat expected), Guardians 3 is coming after years without any movie, with the whole crew on board and it's a final movie, so yeah, whole other experience. 

Right now i'm thinking 180-190M OW / 460-480M Total

Edited by ThomasNicole

It’s really amazing what one pandemic, and several long years can do. My excitement for this movie is pretty low. That said, I’m sure it will do fine.

And hell, maybe it’s better that way. You can’t be disappointed with something, if you’re not excited about it in the first place!!

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Rocket is the biggest Guardian considering his role in Endgame. He can exist even outside Guardian movies. 

the best part of the trailer is when Lylla shows up!!!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Toruk Makto XXR said:

Didn't a non-Avengers Marvel film just do $800M+ DOM less than a year ago?

You mean the one that rode on the nostalgia of past Spider-Man movies too?

3 hours ago, Verrows said:

That's what I thought too but I'm starting to get really cautious. I thought Wakanda Forever would blow up and although it's doing fine, I wouldn't call how it's actually performing "blowing up". I think Marvel has lost a chunk of the GA and that, outside Avengers events, these movies have sort of a cap going forward.

Disney should understand that a Star Wars movie doesn't need a Christmas release date; whether a Star Wars movie makes $1B or 800M people don't much care, but if a MCU movie makes $1B then it helps PR. It seems like the MCU is not a priority for Disney anymore.

1 hour ago, Toruk Makto XXR said:

Disney dedicates more resources and time to the MCU than any other IP they own. If the MCU isn't a priority for them then nothing is.

Then they should give MCU movies better release dates; they don't have RDJ/Tony and Steve Rogers now. A Christmas release date is much better than February, July, or November release dates. If I were Disney, I'd give either GOTG3 or The Marvels a December 2023 release date.

Edited by Factcheck