franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So to be clear, now it's a sign the movie will bomb that...they're releasing free showings a week early?

Doing it for a Shang Chi is something but for a Sequel to a uber successful movie, I dont think they have ever screened a movie this early that too for free. At least D&D and other were having early screenings which were tickets sold through different channels. Gofobo route is not something done for sure thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, SpiderByte said:

So to be clear, now it's a sign the movie will bomb that...they're releasing free showings a week early?

Dude, he´s rooting for this film, why everyone who says anything negative makes you so combative? 

The sales are awful, could lead to 90M OW at this rate if it doesn´t blow up next week, we should just straight up lie about it? 

Free shows isn´t a sign of the movie will bomb, is a sign that they´re thinking it could bomb if they did´t change their marketing tactis, afterall they´re seeing the same bad sales we´re seeing 

Just be happy that they´re not pretending everything is fine and are letting the movie fail without a fight 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Early screenings is absolutely a common thing. They stopped for a while for COVID but this isn't some unprecedented phenomenon.

I know that, we know this isn´t something new or phenomenal, we´re just pointing out it´s not something Marvel was doing for their biggest movies for a few years now, just for smaller ones which needs a push 

• Like 1

I would also argue that Marvel willing to screen the movie for free means that they expect the fans to spread good WOM. Which I think we all can agree on this movie needs. So let´s hope that´s the case and that it works!

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 6

Speaking of Shang-Chi, I think one problem with the Multiverse Saga has been that it’s way too reliant on sequels. The last movie we got that wasn’t a sequel was Eternals. It’s like they’re uncomfortable about branching out with other characters outside of Disney+. Shang-Chi isn’t my favorite, but it’s been one of the better received MCU installments of the Multiverse Saga, and it didn’t have fan service and nostalgia to fall back on like NWH did. 

They did a screening in Paris today it seems, and some reactions are on twitter, but most I can find seems to be of fans and not critics so far, but seems like people are allowed to give their thoughts on it, most of it is positive tho as you would expect with fans watching early.

Edited by thajdikt