franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

Reviews are fairly positive but not glowing, have noticed a throughline of people saying it's an overstuffed mess. It just seems to hit more than it misses, and nails the emotional stuff. If it really is as sad and animal abuse filled as I've read, I'm VERY curious how audience WOM is.

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

8 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Reviews are fairly positive but not glowing, have noticed a throughline of people saying it's an overstuffed mess. It just seems to hit more than it misses, and nails the emotional stuff. If it really is as sad and animal abuse filled as I've read, I'm VERY curious how audience WOM is.

There´s way more reactions than usual and not only from bloggers, so there won´t be a lot of people saying it´s amazing or something. This is only happening this days for movies that ended with +8.0 average on RT. 

Reactions are definitely nearly as best as it can get for movies like this especially these days, people saying it´s overstuffed also happened with NWH and WF [way more than here iirc in Panther case]

But yeah seems like it is dark, with a lot of development for animal abuse and pushes the limits of PG-13, agreed this can impact WOM like it did with WF, but let´s see maybe he can compensate that with the jokes which WF didn´t have much 

• Like 1

I´m thinking 83-85, but wouldn´t be surprised if it´s higher.  It´s hard to gauge when it´s so many more reactions than we normally get, but it does look overall good.  Many overwhelmingly positive but also enough mixed/negative to raise an eyebrow. But I´m happy with the reactions, it made me excited for the movie at least

The reviews are exactly the same kind of propaganda that they released right before the premiere of Quatumania. The same extremely positive reactions for that film could neither drive audiences to theaters or compensate for a bad script. The same is true here. The third Guardians film looks like the cinematic embodiment of Gunn's furry fetish. Audiences do not want to watch Marvel's Zootopia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

22 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

Animal cruelty film. Not gonna watch this crap, no chance. And families with kids won't either. 

Gunn has some issues with his head, from pedophile jokes to this shit. Fuck him. 

The source material has the animal cruelty.

13 minutes ago, Chicken Little Syndrome said:

The reviews are exactly the same kind of propaganda that they released right before the premiere of Quatumania. The same extremely positive reactions for that film could neither drive audiences to theaters or compensate for a bad script. The same is true here. The third Guardians film looks like the cinematic embodiment of Gunn's furry fetish. Audiences do not want to watch Marvel's Zootopia. 

I'm guessing this is satire.

23 minutes ago, Chicken Little Syndrome said:

Extremely positive reactions for Quantumania? The hell are you talking about? lmao Even positive reactions trended in "good villain, entertaining" at best

• Like 2