franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It'll be awesome if Guardians Vol. 3 gives us proper send off and is a quality... Spider-verse gives us a proper sequel and expands on the first... And, Flash gives us some proper multiversing and some needed Keatonman nostalgia fix... I'm hoping and crossing my fingers that all three movies can do 300M+ DOM somehow. After some middling superhero movies from Marvel and DC and whoever else is making these things would be very nice to have 3 good ones in a row even if they don't do huge number. Hear, hear!

Yeah those three being good/great will help with whatever audience fatigue is there. By the time of Kraven and Marvels, if both are good they should both do very well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'm just hoping Guardians gets over 300. I'm thinking Flash 375, Spiderverse 325, Guardians 305. I'd be happy with all getting 300+ no matter what though.

I am expecting a 125M+ opening for Guardians, and with strong WOM, I feel that 300M is more than assured

To the surprise of no one, Guardians is sounds great. Thinking it will have a solid rebound to like 125/320/650-700 which would be the lowest and probably not as much as Disney wanted but if budget is reasonable (150-200m vs 250m) should make a nice profit, and considering the diminishing returns CBMs have been having is solid. Also helps Marvel if this is great as they have to build back audience trust.

8 minutes ago, YM! said:

Yeah those three being good/great will help with whatever audience fatigue is there. By the time of Kraven and Marvels, if both are good they should both do very well.

Not box office related but Secret Invasion not being meh or crap could help a little too. I think people have lost faith in supes series a bit too.

13 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Flash: $1B

Guardians 3: $700M

Spider verse: $400M

Not feeling 1B for Flash and 400m for Across is too low even with Lord and Miller stuff not doing well OS.

Flash has strong reactions that will likely help more because they're earlier but I don't see it getting there without China and some of the reactions point out some of the issues. Something like 400/900 at absolute best. Across thinking does somewhere between 240-300, and with the typical ratios that brings WW to 470-625 WW.

2 hours ago, Sckathian said:

I don’t see how anyone can be looking at the reviews and be hitting panic buttons.

Oh it's not about thinking the movie will be bad, its that Gunns DC plans have little to possibly nothing to do with anything related to Snyder's plans. That's basically it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Dan Murrell being mixed on this gives me pause, he has a very normie taste, this could be divisive.

The reason why he was mixed are absolutely hilarious and i think he deleted the tweet because everyone was mocking him, but i wouldn´t be surprised at all if some audience feels the same way tbh

7 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Dan Murrell being mixed on this gives me pause, he has a very normie taste, this could be divisive.

Again, The Suicide Squad got (very questionable given the structural issues) raves from critics but middling to negative WOM. It's a viable possibility with Gunn, who has a tinge of the old edgelord days that helps him at times but not at others. 

The twitter and youtube and formal/informal critics crowd are all definitely going to be hyper aggressive with the "Superhero Movies/MCU is BACK, kids!" message - but whether the GA take it is a real pickem possibility for me.

I think this still has the possibility of disappointing BO-wise. 

I'm really looking forward to the film. I enjoyed the first one a lot and the second one quite a bit. I think Rocket and Nebula are the real stars, and just hope they get good arcs. I don't think Gamora especially has ever been served all that well, so hope she is given more here.

19 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Again, The Suicide Squad got (very questionable given the structural issues) raves from critics but middling to negative WOM. It's a viable possibility with Gunn, who has a tinge of the old edgelord days that helps him at times but not at others. 

The twitter and youtube and formal/informal critics crowd are all definitely going to be hyper aggressive with the "Superhero Movies/MCU is BACK, kids!" message - but whether the GA take it is a real pickem possibility for me.

I think this still has the possibility of disappointing BO-wise. 

I'm really looking forward to the film. I enjoyed the first one a lot and the second one quite a bit. I think Rocket and Nebula are the real stars, and just hope they get good arcs. I don't think Gamora especially has ever been served all that well, so hope she is given more here.

The case of TSS is definitely interesting. I've seen die hard DC fans not holding it in high regard for whatever reason. Personally, I think it was truly the "best DC movie" since TDKR at least.