franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

5 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

the solution is simple.
don't give more importance to RT

Well that would be ideal but for some reason people care a lot about it, especially for SH movies 

For exemple, look at the numbers of this post only, it generates an insane amount of interest. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Quantumania would've been poorly received in any era. It's just not very good. Arguably the worst MCU film among the other 4 or 5 complete duds they've had out of 30+ movies. 

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

Quantumania was quite literally the second worst rated MCU film by audiences...just drop it guys. Jeez. 80% is not a bad critics score lol.

AntWaspMan is as generic and by the numbers as you can get, and still managed to get around 90%, even the most generic MCU product could squeeze at least around 80% at the time, Quantumania might have worse CGI and production values, but I don't see any other real difference between it and those autopilot 80% RT titles, it's literally criticized for things that were always present there. About audience reception, I think they are just fed up as well and would've received it better a couple of years ago.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 3
  • Knock It Off 4

10 minutes ago, Firepower said:

AntWaspMan is as generic and by the numbers as you can get, and still managed to get around 90%, even the most generic MCU product could squeeze at least around 80% at the time, Quantumania might have worse CGI and production values, but I don't see any other real difference between it and those autopilot 80% RT titles, it's literally criticized for things that were always present there. About audience reception, I think they are just fed up as well and would've received it better a couple of years ago.

Antman 2 is much worse than quantumania

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

How is the 3D, for those of you who've seen it in that format? I might go for that this time around because of the lack of good 2D showtimes in my neck of the woods this time around. I've heard good things about the 3D for the previous two movies.

You need to watch it in 3D IMAX. 

22 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

How is the 3D, for those of you who've seen it in that format? I might go for that this time around because of the lack of good 2D showtimes in my neck of the woods this time around. I've heard good things about the 3D for the previous two movies.

Didn’t saw it yet but Guardians 1 and 2 really had amazing 3D 

I think they are the only movies (along Gravity and Pacific Rim) that wasn’t shot in the format but feel like it 

Unless Gunn changed his interests, Vol 3 should be good 

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Didn’t saw it yet but Guardians 1 and 2 really had amazing 3D 

I think they are the only movies (along Gravity and Pacific Rim) that wasn’t shot in the format but feel like it 

Unless Gunn changed his interests, Vol 3 should be good 

This one has better 3D than 2. Vol 1 I remember seeing it in 2D only. 

• Astonished 1

35 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

GOTG has some 3D show here locally but they are selling terribly. One of the 3D show tonight only have 4 seats sold 15 min before the show started but the 2D shows near that hour were selling 75% full. I saw the first GOTG3 in IMAX3D, it was good but it was not like the highlight of the movie at all. I guess this one will be same as a 3D movie.

8 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

China Previews Reception (Postive-Negative)

Maoyan - 364 - 3 

Breaking Postive Reviews

Plot Good - 177 | Picture - 87 | Acting - 20

3 Negative ~ 

Chinese Previews Reception 2 (Positive-Negative)

Maoyan - 371 - 3

Not much movement but Maoyan expecting $60M here. OD PS end with more 2x of Ant-Man 3 &Wakanda Forever.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeight said:

The mcu doesnt have 5 duds lmao. A dud is a critical abd financial flop. Only 2 movies come to mind out of the entire mcu

Fair enough I more so meant movies that many didn't consider good even if they did well enough financially... Thor 2, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Eternals... Those kind of movies. Ant-man 3 I actually think is even worse than those even. Maybe not Thor 2 but not far off. That movie was a disaster. They put Peyton Reed in an element completely out of character for what he'd done right with the first two.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Fair enough I more so meant movies that many didn't consider good even if they did well enough financially... Thor 2, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Eternals... Those kind of movies. Ant-man 3 I actually think is even worse than those even. Maybe not Thor 2 but not far off. That movie was a disaster. They put Peyton Reed in an element completely out of character for what he'd done right with the first two.

Of the movies you mentioned only Eternal and rih would fit the bill and Hulk only financially.  Iron Man 2 got a worse reception than the first which happens in almost every sequel. What the internet considers good or bad is ridiculous to me as most takes aren't in good faith anymore. People have decided which movies are masterpieces months in advance.

In theory Iron Man 3 is divisive.  In reality there is nothing to support this. 

3 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I seen it in IMAX 3D, it adds good depth to the locations for sure, but that’s about it. It wasn’t filmed for 3D though, as I noticed “3D Conversion company” in the end credits. It was filmed for IMAX, and you can tell, always lots going on at the sides of the screen that would be cut off normally. It also stays IMAX full screen throughout, no cutting back and forth. 

10 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Of the movies you mentioned only Eternal and rih would fit the bill and Hulk only financially.  Iron Man 2 got a worse reception than the first which happens in almost every sequel. What the internet considers good or bad is ridiculous to me as most takes aren't in good faith anymore. People have decided which movies are masterpieces months in advance.

In theory Iron Man 3 is divisive.  In reality there is nothing to support this. 

You don't think the overwhelming majority of people consider Thor 2 bad? I know some love it but not many. Has aged pretty poorly too. Endgame did its best to prop it up a bit I guess?