Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

• Community Manager
Just now, TelemAAchos said:

This bodes well for all sorts of angry whitewashing and cultural appropriation issues.

Trump will rage: "Agrabah is sending it's worst to our theater screens. It's sending it's thieves, it's dark wizards, it's killers. Some presumably are good people. We must put a ban on all flying carpers from Agrabah or who knows what will happen?"

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Trump will rage: "Agrabah is sending it's worst to our theater screens. It's sending it's thieves, it's dark wizards, it's killers. Some presumably are good people. We must put a ban on all flying carpers from Agrabah or who knows what will happen?"

Silly WB, that's for the live-action version of EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, setna said:

I wouldn´t like to annoy the fans of BATB, but why is so succesful a movie that you know everything from the first minute to the last?

It´s strange for me, cause the magic of movies, or at least one the main is  entering to a surprising and magical world seeing a movie, but when you saw the same before just in cartoons, i can´t get the interest of this....

You can literally make that argument for every adaptation ever.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, TelemAAchos said:

Silly WB, that's for the live-action version of EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE.

Isn't that the movie with the guy who buys nothing, wears them, and is naked? Would be an interesting challenge for Disney.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

What you say there makes sense. 

Anyway, I'm bewildered that people are so eager to see BatB succeed wildly. This means that we will be getting live action Lion Kings, Aladdins and all that crap as far as the eye can see...

I'm all for movies doing as good as possible, but is this the direction we really want?

If it's done in good taste and quality I will eat it all up

20 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm mostly here for Logan numbers, would like to see 20m this weekend.  But good Kong holds would be nice because I want my schlocky Kong/Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah movie.

Too bad everyone else is just here for Beauty(Emma Watson) and the Beast(Noctis).

tbh I wish I were your Beast.

• Like 2

deep down i already know they've given josh gad the genie gig anyway. y'know who i actually think would be great is Bill Hader. though i think he can't sing. but i've listened to the beauty and the beast soundtrack and that shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

guy ritchie is doing the aladdin. at least's disney's total aversion to any sort of stylistic flair will maybe block his usual directorial foolishness.

Hipster Density in this post :

87%

9 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

The hive mind has spoken (ever since CINDERELLA).

Exactly! 

As for me, even though I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and some of the MCU movie have been indeed awesome (Iron Man, The Avengers, Guardians) I'm at the same time very wary of Disney and their creeping monopolization of the film industry. I want more competition...

• Like 1

I'd LOVE to bring a bunch of uptight Brits with me to a movie so I can utterly repulse them with the large popcorn, drink and candy combo I usually get at the theatre.

Admittedly, the candy usually ends up coming home with me though. I'm not much of a sweets person. Popcorn and salty stuff is my weakness.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

deep down i already know they've given josh gad the genie gig anyway. y'know who i actually think would be great is Bill Hader. though i think he can't sing. but i've listened to the beauty and the beast soundtrack and that shouldn't be a problem.

I think the Genie should be more like the stage version which is more like Cab Calloway and Fats Waller which was Howard Ashman's idea for the Genie before they cast Robin Williams. Someone like Jamie Foxx or John Legend would be quite well although I'd lean toward Foxx as he can sing and be funny.

Just now, JB33 said:

I'd LOVE to bring a bunch of uptight Brits with me to a movie so I can utterly repulse them with the large popcorn, drink and candy combo I usually get at the theatre.

Admittedly, the candy usually ends up coming home with me though. I'm not much of a sweets person. Popcorn and salty stuff is my weakness.

Uhh it's the same shit here my friend...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Hipster Density in this post :

87%

i'll try harder next time. what was it last time you said my post was a hipster post, something about liking spider-man and batman movies? if i had said robin williams was a great genie would i go up to 100%?

• Like 1