Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

15 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

So... Netflix is changing its review system because Amy Schumer is mad about internet trolls voting 1 on her show thing.

I'm pretty sure I've heard talks about changing its system for about a year or so already. I somehow doubt she's the sole reason, if she even computes into their decision at all. Or did I miss a press release?

19 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Why? That wouldn't make much sense

They already set it up with Dr Wu escaping the island with embryos and the theme of the militarization of dinos.  It would have to be set a few years down the road but it would make perfect sense 

36 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

soaring to low 60s for opening day. May be heading for colossal $170M area for wknd, 2nd best non-summer bow of all-time.

System glitch with quite  number theatres that being rectified, so could be ends up low 60's, see soon how it looks 

• Like 14

Variety updated:

"Disney indicated on Friday afternoon that it expects the live-action musical to finish in a range between $140 million to $155 million, before raising projections to $155 million to $165 million in the evening.

“Beauty and the Beast” had already banked nearly $40 million at noon PDT with pre-sales and a stellar $16.3 million from Thursday night previews. The first-day total approached $60 million to $63 million in the evening."

Just now, Rth and the Beast said:

System glitch with quite  number theatres that being rectified, so could be ends up low 60's, see soon how it looks 

See? Usually these two are pretty close to each other. It's rare to see Gitesh talking a largely different number then rth.