Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Been deciding (for the past few hours) how to announce it but I feel like I need to tell you all since you are practically my family...I am 31 and am now the officially the younger Sr. Partner of a major banking firm...

@TelemAAchos T-Minus 5 Months...Autobots rollout...he knows what it means...

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Goffe said:

i think at this point people are willing to dub non-sequels/prequels/spinoffs/remakes as original movies. :lol:

I remember back in 2k14 when GOTG had its OW.  There were people saying it's success was from being an original movie versus all the sequels people didn't want that summer.

4 minutes ago, Beauty and The Panda said:

What we need is more original sci-fi films like Gravity.  Gravity was a FANTASTIC sci-fi movie.  Blew other sci-fi movies out of the water.  It's how to make good, solid sci-fi.

Gravity, the sci-fi hit of the millennium. No other sci-fi like it.

Is Gravity scifi?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ACSlater said:

Been deciding (for the past few hours) how to announce it but I feel like I need to tell you all since you are practically my family...I am 31 and am now the officially the younger Sr. Partner of a major banking firm...

@TelemAAchos T-Minus 5 Months...Autobots rollout...he knows what it means...

Younger Senior Partner.... so confusing. But awesome as well. 

Autobots... assemble!

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Holy shit I may need to actually watch this now.  That is a special kind of terrible.

Not really. The movie just plain sucks and has little in the way of redeeming value beyond the visuals.

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

I'm being very cautious not to have this attitude yet because I know how quickly things can change from past years. But if the low 60 number holds, the male demo is not coming out in droves to see this (like for a JW or Furious 7) and the presales were much stronger then the walk ups.

Everything can change in a page though and the WC could have a huge impact on that number in a few hours.

Using relative numbers can be a bit misleading sometime and can underestimate something because of how exceptional the value compared too is.

For an extreme example Force awaken first weekend was 64% male to 36% female, one can say it didn't achieve to attract female, using a female lead didn't pan out, etc.. it was more skewed toward male than Beauty toward female after all.

But that would be misleading, it did extremely well among the female demographic, that was still a 89.26 million first weekend from the female audience, one of the biggest first weekend female audience of all time, really close to the first Hunger Games female share of the first weekend box office of around 92 million.

That said, both Furious 7 and Jurassic World had a 55% men, 45% female split and were certainly more 4 quadrant, but B&B still made an impressive box office from the male audience during it's Thursday opening, it could have been closer to a Twilight (80% female demo).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

YA KNOW WHAT FUCK ALL THIS INNER PEACE BULLSHIT IM DONE WITH YOUR GAMES TOU FUCKING POLAR BEAR.

Hey, now.  I'm not Norm of the North.

Im the motherfucking Kung Fu Panda bitch and I will wushi finger hold your ass to China and back if you try to play these games with me son.

Im not even related to the Polar Bear family.  Wow.  Ignorance.

• Like 2

Just now, YourMother said:

Again @That One Guy gets roasted for Valerian and I haven't been attacked yet for my love for Lego Ninjago?

Don't think anyone gives a shit about Ninjago. That one's just gonna come and go but Valerian is gonna be a tasty mega bomb.