Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

13 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK ITS THIS LOW WHEN ITS A MAJOR TENTPOLE FOR WB THAT WENT THROUGH MAJOR RESHOOTS LMAO

Geostrom between 80 to 100 net would make sense, it did got a good Tax credit from Louisiana, I imagine that does not include the reshoot since then, but in june 2015 at least it was at a reasonable price tag:

https://fastlane.louisianaeconomicdevelopment.com/Film/FilmSearchDetails.aspx?ProjNum=6LVzcOz4Ra2K%2fpSNqIcUhg%3d%3d

Estimated Total Budget:$81,927,423

Total Granted Tax Credits:$23,739,049

At worst it was at 81,927,423 - 23,739,049 *.85 = $61.7 million net, at best below 60.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Geostorm was shot in October of 2014 and has been delayed 4 times.  It is a mess and is going to be terrible.  

I hate to bring it up again but The Cabin In The Woods was shot years in advance and turned out awesome after being shelved. You're Next I believe was shot 2 years in advance too. WWZ had a notoriously hard shoot and turned out to be a lot of fun.

Not commenting on Geostorms quality. I'm sure it will be like any other Emmerich disaster movie (even if he's not directly attached). It has to be better then Resurgence....I hope.

• Like 1

Just saw one the worst TV spots I've ever seen for Life. For some reason they replaced the alien thingy with David Ortiz (yes, the baseball player). Some sort of weird crossover thing with the tag line #LifeAfterBaseball.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

If Wonder Woman even lands in the 50s like Man of Steel did, people will be jumping for joy. That's how low the bar has been set.

Good point, if WW gets just over 50%, instead of the pitch forks the reaction could be like this.

Image result for braveheart victory gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

Good point, if WW gets just over 50%, instead of the pitch forks the reaction could be like this.

Image result for braveheart victory gif

If this manages to beat Batman V Supermans opening but stays below Marvels biggest openings, DC fans are going to be trolled so hard on Youtube. I mean they already are, but it will be even harder.

And no I'm not a Marvel fanboy if any DC fan is reading this. Just stating the truth.

7 minutes ago, franfar said:

We'll see. I can't find anywhere saying the production actually started so...

The longer it takes, the longer until bronies invade

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Just saw one the worst TV spots I've ever seen for Life. For some reason they replaced the alien thingy with David Ortiz (yes, the baseball player).

David Ortiz is Venom now?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Just saw one the worst TV spots I've ever seen for Life. For some reason they replaced the alien thingy with David Ortiz (yes, the baseball player). Some sort of weird crossover thing with the tag line #LifeAfterBaseball.

I'd much rather see that movie.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

:winomg:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

If this manages to beat Batman V Supermans opening but stays below Marvels biggest openings, DC fans are going to be trolled so hard on Youtube. I mean they already are, but it will be even harder.

And no I'm not a Marvel fanboy if any DC fan is reading this. Just stating the truth.

Marvel is just better...thats a fact...

Edited by ACSlater
  • Like 2