Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

So, we all agree that a $500M total (even if it crawls there) is a lock, right? Because word-of-mouth will definitely be great (my audience applauded at the end and even applauded at the cast as they were being billed in the credits heh).

I wouldn't say lock but I expect it'll do right around a 3x multiplier.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

So, we all agree that a $500M total (even if it crawls there) is a lock, right? Because word-of-mouth will definitely be great (my audience applauded at the end and even applauded at the cast as they were being billed in the credits heh).

It won't surprise me if it has Alice legs tbh. 475M+ is locked, tho.

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's a good thing i hadn't post much yesterday so nobody saw me go through about 17 blurry liv moore avatars. even the quality of this one i'm not jazzed about.

CG1AvBh.jpg

Try this. Theoretically it should work.

Not really. Depends on the legs. If it performs like a superhero flick then it'll be front loaded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, franfar said:

Not really. Depends on the legs. If it performs like a superhero flick then it'll be front loaded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What should help is that everything opening between now and Fate of the Furious (which it doesn't share total audience overlap with anyway) is either limited in appeal or doesn't look very appealing.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What should help is that everything opening between now and Fate of the Furious (which it doesn't share total audience overlap with anyway) is either limited in appeal or doesn't look very appealing.

13 hours ago, Gokira2012 said:

get your seats now for power rangers , because once good reviews come out on monday these things are going to go fast, then wed the 22nd when power rangers has 250 free screenings at the same time, there isn't gonna be any more to tickets to find because of Word of mouth Mark my word power rangers 100,000,000 Opening weekend, because everyone thinks the movie is bad when they find out that it's good, the flood gates are gonna open

• Like 13

So high end of my prediction range. Huge number (could still see an increase from the WC too but I bet it comes in close to 61-63 now). DC fans are probably going to hate the mouse even more after this weekend, if this movie keeps up and has a strong hold again tomorrow. Will give Deadline credit about being right regarding Saturday business but still think 177 is overshooting. 

• Like 1