kayumanggi

THE DARKEST MINDS | 09.14.18 | Fox | sci-fi, thriller

57 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Yes thats the one. Got xmen vibes from that trailer too. That one did ok at the box-office not sure about this one though. 

That one had a more of a singular aesthetic and was more kid-friendly. Chronicle’s 64m would be a major, I mean huge win for this. 

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, stay-cool said:

I don’t know... This was moved from September to summer which I take as a sign of confidence, and the trailer already has nearly 3 million views. I think this may not bomb? 

I hope so. Would be nice to stan for a movie that actually made any money for a change.

1 hour ago, stay-cool said:

I don’t know... This was moved from September to summer which I take as a sign of confidence, and the trailer already has nearly 3 million views. I think this may not bomb? 

it'll probably make maze runner money if its lucky

1 hour ago, stay-cool said:

Some of the viewership is just people wanting to be ironic and trollish with the young adult aspect of the film... but being #1 on trending is great nonetheless, and the trailer trending at all is a good sign that people are being engaged by it.

To me, this looks to be a well-executed film with a bad Wattpad story serving as its script. But the beauty about the domestic box office is that, these days, a viewership of one million moviegoers can net a film over $10 million dollars in ticket sales. In other words, movies don't have to appeal to everyone in order to be a success.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Most movies based on YA books end up with a few hardcore stans I guess.

I’m a long time browser and a Mandy Moore fan. It just seemed like an appropriate time to join with her current career resurgence. 

Edited by stay-cool
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DAJK said:

probably like 30-40M. More interested in Christopher Robin's budget, but I highly doubt it's over 70M. 

30m-40m would be too expensive for a movie that Fox is doing such poor marketing work. Maze Runner cost 34m and had a much better marketing. I would say CR cost 60m