kayumanggi

THE DARKEST MINDS | 09.14.18 | Fox | sci-fi, thriller

This looks like an ultra generic YA movie mixed with Superhero stuff to set us off the fact it’s 4 years too late to the party. Like really the paint salute thing, the ‘revolution’... my lord.

31 minutes ago, Morieris said:

2mlN2AQhIJPy7rilUpzpupW9XmxjoL-gkfPgkKbN

The style for the advertising is just....really weird so far to me.

From the producer of “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day” and “Why Him”.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

2mlN2AQhIJPy7rilUpzpupW9XmxjoL-gkfPgkKbN

The style for the advertising is just....really weird so far to me.

The "Producers of Arrival" thing really confuses me. I understand the Stranger Things plug, as they're both teen-targeted media with genre bents to them, so there's potential crossover audience...but why Arrival?

I think it could be good? Unlike other YA adaptations, this seems to be focusing on the drama that the characters are facing rather their worlds and boring story threads. 

idk maybe it’s the Jennifer Yuh fanboy in me.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

The whole "from producers of" thing (you know, without the 'the' because it is some of the producers, not all) always seems goofy to me. Clearly, "from some of the producers of" sounds even odder, so I guess that will do...

But yeah, this looks and feels like an SNL parody of The New Mutants (the concept/comic book, not the upcoming film) meets pretty much every YA movie adaptation since The Hunger Games.