FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

The Power Rangers film at least probably won't show up on of a lot of worst of lists at the end of the year. 

Even the Razzies probably won't remember it by the end of the year other than a random nod for Elizabeth Banks, I guess.

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

The Power Rangers film at least probably won't show up on of a lot of worst of lists at the end of the year. 

The 3 worst films will be: Saw Legacy, MLP, and the Emoji Movie. Mark my words

$38-39 million for Beauty would represent a 61-65% Saturday increase, and make for about an $87-90 million weekend (a 49-50% drop from it's opening weekend).

$14 million for Power Rangers represents a solid 23% Saturday increase (from Real Friday), and likely makes for ~$39 million weekend, give or take.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

Just now, Momo said:

Have a question. Is it 14M exactly for PR or is it 14. something like yesterday. Which was 14.9 I believe,correct?

It's an estimate of 14m, it'll change by tomorrow when it gets more reliable

• Like 1

Intense for BATB

OK/Good for PR

Life isn't Death at all, and it isn't dead either

Kong ain't got shit on BATB

Old Man Logan might break the 200 million figure domestic

Get Out will get its sequel called Get In

John Wick has had a Wicked performance

All in all, not bad at all. I loved Logan and PR, and I'm glad that both movies are performing well ( Logan and PR ). Logan is a huge hit, but PR still has a long way to go, though it has better reviews that what I thought it would get. It's 82% RT user score is quite good and it hasn't dropped since Thursday. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Momo said:

Still enjoy these forums for the most part since I have been here. Will continue posting here,because I love other franchises/movies other then PR. Like I said congrats to fans of BATB. It's not my cup of tea,but it earned it success. The Disney movie I'm waiting for is Aladdin in the future.  Wasn't much into Lion King.

For most people this isn't a competition in a negative sense - Beauty and the Beast can make huge numbers and Power Rangers can still do very well. :) It looks like it will outdo tracking somewhat, given tracking was saying a $30-35 million weekend, from what I recall. I follow box office because it's fun, and I love huge numbers and surprises from all films. Over time, you may be more attached to some films over others because of how much you liked them (or not), but it's just box office. Chin up :)

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Even the Razzies probably won't remember it by the end of the year other than a random nod for Elizabeth Banks, I guess.

I assume it might get a random nom, like maybe worse product placement or something.

7 minutes ago, franfar said:

The 3 worst films will be: Saw Legacy, MLP, and the Emoji Movie. Mark my words

I'm assuming Rings will be at least be in the top five.

9 minutes ago, Slicknickshady said:

Yep. I enjoyed it. 

That's good. I haven't seen the film yet, though.

• Like 1