FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

1 minute ago, Momo said:

Well damn,I'm sad. Congrats to BATB fans. I wish it wouldn't be rubed in PR fans faces though that it's not doing good. Just because you dislike one troll.

There's honestly nothing to be sad about. Power Rangers is performing the way it's supposed to. Its not like it flopped. It's doing fine even really well domestically. The only issue is that it's not doing to well in some of the bigger markets internationally. It's nothing to hang your head upon and even if it doesn't make a shit ton of money, you may still get your sequel anyways....if Lionsgate feels like they've got something. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Momo said:

Well damn,I'm sad. Congrats to BATB fans. I wish it wouldn't be rubed in PR fans faces though that it's not doing good. Just because you dislike one troll.

I mean, a $38 million weekend would be exactly in line with early projections. So it's not like some huge flop/embarrassment. There's just a likelihood it won't reach the heights places like Deadline or Forbes were forecasting based on Thursday and Friday.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That's actually a pretty good Saturday increase for Life. I wonder if word of the divisive ending will give it relatively decent legs.

I was gonna comment that it had a good Saturday increase especially when you consider how awful its preview to OD number was. It's not much but I didn't expect it to increase at all. Probably the ending though like you said. 

Edited by Nova

Still enjoy these forums for the most part since I have been here. Will continue posting here,because I love other franchises/movies other then PR. Like I said congrats to fans of BATB. It's not my cup of tea,but it earned it success. The Disney movie I'm waiting for is Aladdin in the future.  Wasn't much into Lion King.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Rth and the Beast said:

KKSI 5.2, Life 5

Only 40% bump for Kong. Looks like a 12.5 weekend and a 55% drop - bigger than last weekend's 54% drop!

edit: 150+ is still on though. 12.5 weekend will give it 131.5 cume.

Edited by a2knet

That's the issue. It's not that it's doing bad. I just don't think a 39 million opening is good enough for a sequel unless it has killer legs. 

I really enjoyed the film. 

Now you know how I feel about the last Fantastic Four movie. I really enjoyed it but nobody else in the universe did. It sucked it did so bad but it happens. 

Edited by Slicknickshady

1 minute ago, Momo said:

Still enjoy these forums for the most part since I have been here. Will continue posting here,because I love other franchises/movies other then PR. Like I said congrats to fans of BATB. It's not my cup of tea,but it earned it success. The Disney movie I'm waiting for is Aladdin in the future.  Wasn't much into Lion King.

Just want my Live Action Chicken Little remake.

2 minutes ago, Slicknickshady said:

That's the issue. It's not that it's doing bad. I just don't think a 39 million opening is good enough for a sequel unless it has killer legs. 

I really enjoyed the film. 

Now you know how I feel about the last Fantastic Four movie. I really enjoyed it but nobody else in the universe did. It sucked it did so bad but it happens. 

The Power Rangers film at least probably won't show up on of a lot of worst of lists at the end of the year.