FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

Much more than 40 seems tough for PW imo.

It's 11.3 on Fri without previews. So 30% jump from true Fri will give it a 14.7 Sat. Then a 30% drop on Sun gives,

15 + 14.7 + 10.3 = 40

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Much more than 40 seems tough for PW imo.

It's 11.3 on Fri without previews. So 30% jump from true Fri will give it a 14.7 Sat. Then a 30% drop on Sun gives,

15 + 14.7 + 10.3 = 40

That 10.3 should be an 11.3 though. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xillix said:

That 10.3 should be an 11.3 though. 

Question,is 40M really a good number for PR as Deadline suggest or is that the studio trying to safe face? I would think they would have liked to do better or was PR projected to make a lot less. Just curious.

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

11.3 would be a 23% Sun drop using that 14.7 Sat

Right right. Late and my math is kind of ehhh. Saw the 30 up and 30 down and got confused.

@Momo The sources Deadline is quoting are RIVAL studios, not Lionsgate. Them thinking it's doing well doesn't necessarily mean Lionsgate agrees, but it's not Lionsgate's spin.

Edited by Xillix
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Momo said:

Question,is 40M really a good number for PR as Deadline suggest or is that the studio trying to safe face? I would think they would have liked to do better or was PR projected to make a lot less. Just curious.

Projections were generally a little lower, but still in the 30s.

It's not like this is the 2017 Ted.  

Edited by kswiston