iceroll

84th Academy Awards Ratings Thread (less than Grammys?)

I really have no interest in watching, but usually I never do. I think the last time I watched or really had an interest was the year Scoresese finally won for the Departed. And before that it was Return of the King.I think the entertainment industry in general is a little too self congratulatory to itself. You have the Oscars, Tony's, Grammy's, Emmy's, Actors Guild, DGA, WGA, PGA, and the 9 million Country Music awards shows. I'm going to catch up tonight on some of my dvr shows.

The King's Speech and the Nolan snub didn't help last year either. It was as bad as this year. Next year the ratings will skyrocket with The Master, Lincoln, Django, TDKR and The Hobbit.

Yah, I think if certain choice blockbusters get nominated, next years show will have the second highest ratings, only behind Titanic.

HOW THE HELL DID THEY GO UP?!?!?!

They went up because last year was a disaster. They had nowhere to go but up and Billy Crystal is comfort food. He's the only reason I watched what little I did.