Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Tele Came Back said:

It always bugs me how they edited these lines in the trailer. I'm curious to see if the film has the same edit point (my guess is that it doesn't).

What if it does and what if throughout the movie they keep flashing back to it just to bug you?

• Like 1

Don't know how they've projected the entire weekend already :P B&TB and Boss Baby will probably do the numbers they're projecting, but Smurfs would be a shocking hold (and likely lead to $60-70 million DOM given the minimal competition until May 19th) and F8 might still end up closer to $49-51 million for the previews+actual Friday numbers

If it really turns out to be a $45M Friday, considering how Easter Weekends go:

$45M Friday(with 10.4 from Thurs)

$31.3 Saturday

$22.2 Sunday

Total: $98.5 M

Comparisons I used were Batman V Superman and Furious which were both Easter weekend releases.. Amazingly, both of these films have nearly the same Pure Friday-to-Saturday drops and Saturday-to-Sunday drops.

Edited by BoilingHotCoffee

3 minutes ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

If it really turns out to be a $45M Friday, considering how Easter Weekends go:

$45M Friday(with 10.4 from Thurs)

$31.3 Saturday

$22.2 Sunday

Total: $98.5 M

Comparisons I used were Batman V Superman and Furious which were both Easter weekend releases.. Amazingly, both of these films have nearly the same Pure Friday-to-Saturday drops and Saturday-to-Sunday drops.

Yeah, and 46 gives 100.7

Using these ratios it would need 48 Fri to get 105 ow.

Considering we don't have a set Fri number so far, I feel the wide range is 95-105.

Edited by a2knet

7 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

$46 million OD, could actually give us $120-$125 million start which is pretty good.

Way too high.

Theater is absolutely insane here today. F8 has sold out every show from noon to midnight.

Courtesy of @grim22 i also understand why theres an Indian Indian movie that has sold out all day here as well. Theres a 5 day celebration called Vaisakhi and its like Christmas. So insane business today.

• Like 1

How my theater has been today:

F8, Boss Baby, and BATB are doing gangbusters; they even canned a showing of Kong for another Boss Baby.

Smurfs is performing very good and better than last Friday. Having kids out of school makes all the difference.

Going In Style is performing well but definitely a step down from last week; putting it in the second biggest auditorium during the day was a mistake.

Gifted is performing better than the last two days but still not that well. I don't think any showings have sold more than 15 tickets.

Case For Christ has been performing very spotty. One showing sold a lot of tickets, but the others were dead. The late showing just got canned for another F8.

PR, GITS, Logan, and Kong are done after this week.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Good god, this thread is dead. Think you guys need to be a little more lenient on what we can talk about.

The only way this thread will come alive is if we get some help from Asgard, Asgard 2 or Gokai Red.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Good god, this thread is dead. Think you guys need to be a little more lenient on what we can talk about.

It's just not a very exciting weekend despite a $100M opener tbh. Though still more exciting than what the next two weekends will provide.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's just not a very exciting weekend despite a $100M opener tbh. Though still more exciting than what the next two weekends will provide.

I think threads liven when movies over-perform. Were early numbers for F8 pointing to 130-140 ow there would be more activity. Also F&F does not have many haters even if there are people who think it's meh. With CBMs there is an active AvB mindset. So not much to debate here. Not to mention China's performance is rendering F8's dom less important to it's overall success.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 5