WrathOfHan

Glass | Jan 18, 2019 | The 22nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019

2 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Exactly. Split wasn't like Unbreakable despite existing in the same universe. So the argument that Glass has to be like Unbreakable feels folly.

It's almost as if Unbreakable and Split weren't a great fit for a single universe from the start. One's a quiet, intimate character story, the other is James McAvoy doing funny voices and jumping around.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

It's almost as if Unbreakable and Split weren't a great fit for a single universe from the start. One's a quiet, intimate character story, the other is James McAvoy doing funny voices and jumping around.

That tends to happen when you focus your movie on characters with different personalities. But what's the point of a universe if everyone has the same personality?

31 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

yeah that's a concern i had watching this trailer. looks like bruce willis's more subdued (and more interesting) character is getting eaten alive by the showboating from the others. 

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

yeah that's a concern i had watching this trailer. looks like bruce willis's more subdued (and more interesting) character is getting eaten alive by the showboating from the others. 

To be fair, McAvoy and SLJ also have more easily marketable characters.  Could just be Universal wanting to show them off more

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

i guess i figured SLJ would get more since... the movie is called glass but idk. looks more like Split with unbreakable characters than the other way around which would have been more my speed personally but I GET that split was popular and recent so duh it would be that it's not like i'm surprised by it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i guess i figured SLJ would get more since... the movie is called glass but idk. looks more like Split with unbreakable characters than the other way around which would have been more my speed personally but I GET that split was popular and recent so duh it would be that it's not like i'm surprised by it.

I don't think they will stay that long in the asylum and hopefully they won't, because the trailer makes this look almost like a remake of Split.

7 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

I don't think they will stay that long in the asylum and hopefully they won't, because the trailer makes this look almost like a remake of Split.

Let's be real. There's no way this ain't gonna be a little more action oriented than Split.

• Like 1

I also feel like it's already a misstep having Sarah Paulson not believe that these three have superpowers when we know for a fact that they do. Every moment she's gonna spend doubting it will just be narrative dead air. Hopefully that all gets resolved as early in the movie as possible. 

Man, Glass is gonna take up a lot of slots, on the 2019 villain list 🤣. Three of McAvoy's split personalities, the Beast, the cross dresser, and the pre-teen, made the 2017 list 🤣.

I'm assuming all three personalities will be back, along with Mr. Glass! They may take up the top 4-5!

34 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Man, Glass is gonna take up a lot of slots, on the 2019 villain list 🤣. Three of McAvoy's split personalities, the Beast, the cross dresser, and the pre-teen, made the 2017 list 🤣.

I'm assuming all three personalities will be back, along with Mr. Glass! They may take up the top 4-5!

Doesn't he have like 20? Shyamalan & McAvoy still gonna show us just the select few?

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Doesn't he have like 20? Shyamalan & McAvoy still gonna show us just the select few?

A couple new personalities were in the trailer, but I imagine it’ll still focus on Dennis/Patricia/Hedwig

I had James McAvoy fatigue in 2008.  Then I learned...he’s a good actor, and I should not hate him for Wanted.  Took a couple of years.  This..

I want this.  I really want this.  But...I must say...M Night has had his ups and downs...so...I will walk in cautiously.  But I want this. Don’t let me down M Night.