WrathOfHan

Glass | Jan 18, 2019 | The 22nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019

On 05/10/2017 at 6:55 PM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I wonder if this is going to be more Horror oriented like Split? Or drama oriented like Unbreakable, if it end being a Horror movie, then it can be the second event for the genre in less of one year.  

Didn't Jason Blum say it was going to be a superhero film?

21 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

:jeb!: 

So, judging by this photo he kept almost the same look as in "Unbreakable". Also:

Spoiler

He's on the loose, not in jail anymore. For having killed many people he should have had life sentence... instead it seems like he's free now, so I think it's almost confirmed that The Horde freed him (which is a scene I would love to see).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IndyRex said:

So, judging by this photo he kept almost the same look as in "Unbreakable". Also:

Hide contents

He's on the loose, not in jail anymore. For having killed many people he should have had life sentence... instead it seems like he's free now, so I think it's almost confirmed that The Horde freed him (which is a scene I would love to see).

Spoiler

Probation is always a possibility.

18 hours ago, IndyRex said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

He wasn’t in jail. He was in a mental institution. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

More Unbreakable than Split would work out great for me.

Split's tone was unique to its key character. Glass's two out of three core characters come from Unbreakable so it makes sense to have its tone align with that.

I hope Universal and Disney do a joint trilogy home video box set.

Edited by Jay Beezy

9 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

Split's tone was unique to its key character. Glass's two out of three core characters come from Unbreakable so it makes sense to have its tone align with that.

I hope Universal and Disney do a joint trilogy home video box set.

It's actually 50/50, considering Anya Taylor Joy is returning as well and she's a main character. But yeah, I have the feeling like this will feel more like an Unbreakable sequel than a Split sequel.

Anyway, leaked stuff here, little spoilers:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Quite enjoyed Split, although Shyamalan's vague belief that he's making something more profound than a B-movie came through more than it should have.

that's how I felt about Split.  I finally saw it a few weeks ago and while it was ok, I didn't see the greatness in it that some did.  

5 minutes ago, 75Live said:

that's how I felt about Split.  I finally saw it a few weeks ago and while it was ok, I didn't see the greatness in it that some did.  

Split was only great as far as McAvoy's performance. The rest was okay, and passable as a horror movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

Split was only great as far as McAvoy's performance. The rest was okay, and passable as a horror movie.

totally agree with you.  McAvoy was great and like you said, the rest, no so much

• Like 1

Just now, RandomJC said:

McAvoy is what makes me want to see Glass more than anything. But I'm not going to trust anything about mind-blowing twists now.

wait until the twist is McAvoy is actually Mr. Glass when he gets angry :P 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IndyRex said:

It's actually 50/50, considering Anya Taylor Joy is returning as well and she's a main character. But yeah, I have the feeling like this will feel more like an Unbreakable sequel than a Split sequel.

Anyway, leaked stuff here, little spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like Anya Taylor-Joy is returning in a similar fashion as Spencer Treat Clark and Charlayne Woodard. The primary dynamic is Willis/Jackson/McAvoy.

I really can't wait for this movie.   "Split" Ending floored me when that James Newton Howard "Visions" music came in.  M. Knight is way back folks.   He really made a Comic Book Universe from scratch man.   Plus box office wise, would you look at this:

Unbreakable (75 Budget)

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $95,011,339    38.3%
Foreign:  $153,106,782    61.7%

Worldwide:  $248,118,121  

Split (9 Million Budget)

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $138,141,585    49.6%
Foreign:  $140,162,993    50.4%

Worldwide:  $278,304,578  

So that's 526 Million off a 80 Million Budget for both films.  Remember this is an original concept at that.   I'm also glad the film the 3rd Film is called "Glass".  Technically "Split" is suppose to be a spin off but it's really the sequel with "Glass" being the conclusion.  But I do expect a more "Unbreakable" Tone.    Look at the titles:

Unbreakable Split Glass

Wow.  Look at the posters too:

Image result for M. Night Split poster

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I liked Split a lot, but I am hoping this leans more into Unbreakable.  Even though Split is the more commercial choice.

Whatever, M Night is BACK!  And this movie ain’t expensive so it won’t be some CG superhero movie.  Not that o don’t like those, but this shouldn’t be that.  And they can’t afford that!  So...hoping.

• Like 2