WrathOfHan

Glass | Jan 18, 2019 | The 22nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019

Eh.

I get the complaints that it isn't enough like Unbreakable, BUT Unbreakable was a cult movie from 18 years ago that almost everyone doesn't even remember, and Split was a huge hit that came out last year. Of course it is more of a Split sequel my dudes

EDIT: Missed that Coolio said this exact same thing. Dude is the king of poached content

Edited by Cmasterclay

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Eh.

I get the complaints that it isn't enough like Unbroken, BUT Unbroken was a cult movie from 18 years ago that almost everyone doesn't even remember, and Split was a huge hit that came out last year. Of course it is more of a Split sequel my dudes

Unbroken actually came out 4 years ago and is decidedly not a cult movie.

:ph34r: 

Edited by That One Guy

3 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Eh.

I get the complaints that it isn't enough like Unbreakable, BUT Unbreakable was a cult movie from 18 years ago that almost everyone doesn't even remember, and Split was a huge hit that came out last year. Of course it is more of a Split sequel my dudes 

Not really. Split is a bigger hit because it was made for much cheaper but in terms of box office they are very close:

Unbreakable: #23 DOM in 2000.

Split: #23 DOM in 2017.

Adjusted for Ticket Price Inflation

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Adjusted Gross Unadjusted Gross Release
1 Unbreakable BV $162,825,800 $95,011,339 11/22/00
2 Split Uni. $145,005,700 $138,291,365 1/20/17
Edited by MrGlass2

Was this, like, a last minute decision, during reshoots or something, to tie Split into the Unbreakable franchise? 

Bruce Willis appears at the very end of Split, and, if you never saw Unbreakable (18 years ago), you're like, what?! 

I get what's going on now 🙂...Samuel L Jackson is some kind of evil puppet master? Pulling the strings, and watching Bruce Willis and McCavoy's characters battle it out? 

30 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Was this, like, a last minute decision, during reshoots or something, to tie Split into the Unbreakable franchise? 

Bruce Willis appears at the very end of Split, and, if you never saw Unbreakable (18 years ago), you're like, what?! 

I get what's going on now 🙂...Samuel L Jackson is some kind of evil puppet master? Pulling the strings, and watching Bruce Willis and McCavoy's characters battle it out? 

M. Night said that Kevin was an unused character concept from Unbreakable.

2 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Not really. Split is a bigger hit because it was made for much cheaper but in terms of box office they are very close:

Unbreakable: #23 DOM in 2000.

Split: #23 DOM in 2017.

Adjusted for Ticket Price Inflation

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Adjusted Gross Unadjusted Gross Release
1 Unbreakable BV $162,825,800 $95,011,339 11/22/00
2 Split Uni. $145,005,700 $138,291,365 1/20/17

Unbreakable did those numbers because of The sixth sense impact. it still underperformed esp compared to TSS and signs

Edited by TombRaider

4 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Why don't you go watch Unbreakable?  That will answer all of your questions.

OMG, M Knight Season has RETURNED.  It was even better than I could imagine after 18 years.   Looks fantastic and It sad "Unbreakable" got overshadowed by the Phenom that was 6th Sense.   Love seeing Bruce and Sam together again, Love all their collaborations especially "With a Vengeance".  

Image result for Bruce and Samuel L Jackson