Blankments

If Minorities Made the Most - A Box Office List

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

I would not use rumors salary too much, but I doubt it was undeserved.

Would have to ask them for sure, but I suspect they achieved nice presales like those:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/chinese-ticketing-service-weying-takes-stake-paramounts-ghost-shell-987261

The deal gives Weying a 10 percent share of global ticket revenue, along with a logo in the film's end credits.

We would need to know for how much they sold 10% of the movie gross, how many market/investor got in and how less they would have got with an unknown actress to know if she was worth it, but sometime those star paid for themselve before the movie started to shoot (studio got enough co-investor/market sold because of them to make the project much less risky even with their added salary).

It's undeserved when actors want Leo salary without having Leo's opening power. When they open as many movies as he did than we can talk. But one fluke and franchises that open on brand name, not actor's, are not enough to justify OTT paychecks. 

Edited by Valonqar

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It's undeserved when actors want Leo salary without having Leo's opening power. When they open as many movies as he did than we can talk. But one fluke and franchises that open on brand name, not actor's, are not enough to justify OTT paychecks. 

By that logic every actor from mcu bar rdj should not get what they get.  None of them has been able to open movies on their name. Why single out SJ.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Salary is just one part of an actor compensation conversation, I doubt she got close to Nolan or Leo compensation deal on GITS.

Someone like Leo start at the very minimum 20m + 10% of the first dollar gross and probably much more if he would ever accept to do a movie like GITS without a great director/producers, what SJ got is probably closer but still lower than Brad Pitt on the movie Allied (he was at 17.5m v 20%) and more who you be a better comparable if that rumor is true. Or Mark Walhbergh first offer on Uncharted (12 million + 20% of all revenue after profitability is made)

Even if the movie would have made only 170m WW, Dicaprio type of deal make at least 30m

Take prime Angelina Jolie, she was making the classic 20m + 10%. For example on a movie like Salt (movie that made 358.57 million in revenues) gave 39.28m in participation bonus and if you look at : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944835/fullcredits it is ok to suppose that most of it went to her, she made between 40 to 50m on that movie.

I doubt Johansson is getting those Cruise/Arnold/Denzel old school big first dollar gross deal like Leo or prime Jolie.

3 hours ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Here's a deep dark secret:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

I don't really get all that riled up about her.

Image result for you lie gif

btw this is the first time I've really ventured into this thread but are we defining minority as being anyone who isn't a straight white man?

• Haha 1

btw this is the first time I've really ventured into this thread but are we defining minority as being anyone who isn't a straight white man?

Basically.
The topic title is very PC as suggested by the mods, which is fine because it shouldn't offend anyone.

wow I leave for a week and this thread becomes a mess. this thread ain't about who's being represented on camera; i could give 0 fucks on if a film has a female lead or not when it comes to this thread. It's all about the talent behind the camera

Also to the asshole who asked for straight white male directors, just go on BOM and ignore the ones listed in this thread. No need for drive-by shitposts

• Like 2
  • Haha 2