kayumanggi

BLACK PANTHER | 646.8 M overseas ● 1346.9 M worldwide

11 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Hmm. Black Panther might go over Frozen WW-wise if it breaks out in certain characters and if this still goes strong DOM-wise.

Frozen is a better movie and it's a WDAS movie so I hope not :P

Black Panther deserves to be successful but not THAT high :shades:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Subjective but I think the world needs Black Panther to make a statement to Hollywood and black children more than we need Frozen to keep any record.

I mean, Frozen can still be the biggest animated movie of all time. 

It doesn't even hold any records that apply to BP anyway. :P

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

To talk about deserving is always a very subjective matter. IMO, none of the top 15 WW deserved to make so high numbers...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Subjective but I think the world needs Black Panther to make a statement to Hollywood and black children more than we need Frozen to keep any record.

I mean, Frozen can still be the biggest animated movie of all time. 

It doesn't even hold any records that apply to BP anyway. :P

Well, while Black Panther is a powerful statement against racism and for more diversity you could say Frozen was a powerful statement against misogyny and for strong women, particularly for girls. They both have a social component ^^

Now if BP passes Frozen it's ok, I'm just biaised because I love Disney/Pixar animated movies more than anything else ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, peludo said:

To talk about deserving is always a very subjective matter. IMO, none of the top 15 WW deserved to make so high numbers...

Don't worry I wasn't really serious, I just wanted to see who would take the bait, I'm kinda sneaky sometimes :P

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

If this weekend OS is looking at 90-100, how likely is 600 OS assuming 10 from Japan and 90 from China?

Considering BP is slightly ahead of Thor Ragnarok and that did really well in China and ended up with "only" 538 m OS...

BP hitting 600 m won't be easy (it would have to make Thor Ragnarok numbers in China and have really good legs everywhere else, neither is guaranteed).

But this is just my very rough estimate. Someone better at math can give you a hard data answer.

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2018 at 3:55 PM, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Hmm. Black Panther might go over Frozen WW-wise if it breaks out in certain characters and if this still goes strong DOM-wise.

Entirely possible. It's going to have a $200-300M DOM advantage over Frozen, and $575-675M OS seems achievable.