kayumanggi

BLACK PANTHER | 646.8 M overseas ● 1346.9 M worldwide

31 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I get your point but look at the numbers It's going to do 500M+ in US alone. OW guaranteed that. Yes, you can bring up AoU as a movie with near 200M OW that ended up with 450M finish. But this is a different situation. It has less competition. It's a cross-cultural event that's drawing both MCU regulars and people who usually skip SH movies or don't go to cinemas often. It's much better movie than AoU. It won't make less than 400-450M OS. It's happening. 

I do appreciate your caution. I'm usually like that too. :)

I agree. IMO the billion is nearly locked. And that asuming that it will make less than usual in China for SH films

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I get your point but look at the numbers It's going to do 500M+ in US alone. OW guaranteed that. Yes, you can bring up AoU as a movie with near 200M OW that ended up with 450M finish. But this is a different situation. It has less competition. It's a cross-cultural event that's drawing both MCU regulars and people who usually skip SH movies or don't go to cinemas often. It's much better movie than AoU. It won't make less than 400-450M OS. It's happening. 

I do appreciate your caution. I'm usually like that too. :)

Let's say I was hyper enthuasiastic before but after several disappointments I learned to be cautious ^^

I obviously hope BP can reach $1B WW :)

5 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

I have a feeling this might set box office records in the continent of Africa itself with the box office markets of South Africa, West Africa, and East Africa setting records.

These markets are very small, unfortunately. The only sizable one is South Africa but the country is in a sorry state economically speaking...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

These markets are very small, unfortunately. The only sizable one is South Africa but the country is in a sorry state economically speaking...

Even South Africa is not a big market. Ultron only made around $3 million there for example.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Let's say I was hyper enthuasiastic before but after several disappointments I learned to be cautious ^^

I obviously hope BP can reach $1B WW :)

Same. I was burned before but this is an event that other movies I was stanning for clearly weren't.

@peludo Yep, I calculated possible so-so performance in China. supposedly release time isn't good. 

re: African markets. Every dollar counts. If any movie needs 5-10M to reach a certain milestone and can get it from a combo of small markets if it blows up there, they'll take it. There are several small European markets too but they all add up. Lets get every dollar we can!

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

i think it's because of the race riots that happened in Los Angeles in 1992, opposing Korean Americans to African Americans...that could explain why US members see Asia as particularly racist toward black people.

For me, I've seen documentaries about blasians facing discrimination in Asian countries though good looking male blasians have much fewer complains, probably because they're swimming in pretty Asian girls who find them interesting and unique. 

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

For me, I've seen documentaries about blasians facing discrimination in Asian countries though good looking male blasians have much fewer complains, probably because they're swimming in pretty Asian girls who find them interesting and unique. 

Blasians? :P

First time I hear it (no, you don't have to explain who they are it's obvious ^^), is that a commonly used expression or is it from you?

Edited by Fullbuster

2 hours ago, manny1234 said:

I have a feeling this might set box office records in the continent of Africa itself with the box office markets of South Africa, West Africa, and East Africa setting records.

I doubt they matter at all. Okay they could make the difference between $895M and $900M but apart from that, I think they won't contribute much to this film.

Okay, Avatar got $7.8M in South Africa (0,279% of the World Wide Gross).

And I think apart from Nigeria, the others just don't have the necessary infrastructure.

It seems like it does good business in most other OS countries though.