9. 140.06 m [Transformers: Dark of the Moon] - 5 Days

10. 127.96 m [I Fine Thank You Love You] - 5 Days

Top 4 days (Thur-Sun) Opening Weekend (BKK+CM) in THB

1. 171.67 m [Avengers: Infinity War]

2. 150.92 m [Furious 7]

3. 138.87 m [Avengers: Age of Ultron]

4. 131.34 m [Captain America: Civil War]

5. 129.64 m [The Fate of the Furious]

I think we need new thread for South East Asian countries here :) Indonesia Malaysia Singapore Thailand Vietnam (The Philippines have their own thread already)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Well if it get 390m OS for the weekend, 2.5x OW and 300M china 20M russia. We already have 1.3B this seems likely. 

According current presales and projections of @POTUS in presales thread (he knows very well how the market works), IW could make similar numbers to Furious 8 in China, what means over $400m with current ER.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

"Avengers-Infinity was creating with 1,075,122 visitors (€ 12,556,887) The best start of the year and the best launch of a Marvel Cinematic Universe film (43% above the previous GOTG2 record) in Germany!"

Germany is pulling its weight relative to other MCU films there  :D 

(It's translated from German, so ignore the bad grammar by Google)

Edited by feasby007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, peludo said:

According current presales and projections of @POTUS in presales thread (he knows very well how the market works), IW could make similar numbers to Furious 8 in China, what means over $400m with current ER.

With that china number 2B is locked, we need to get titanic :P

2 minutes ago, Marathon said:

When do we get the first Monday numbers?

We will get Korea numbers in 1.5 hours.

Can see if drop is:

1. Bigger than Normal
  2. Normal
  3. Softer than Normal

(1) implies that demand is fading, meaning it'll be more frontloaded

(2) implies everything is fine so far and AIW should make a healthy $100m

(3) implies there is spillover demand from the weekend, and AIW could be heading huge

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

We will get Korea numbers in 1.5 hours.

Can see if drop is:

1. Bigger than Normal
  2. Normal
  3. Softer than Normal

(1) implies that demand is fading, meaning it'll be more frontloaded

(2) implies everything is fine so far and AIW should make a healthy $100m

(3) implies there is spillover demand from the weekend, and AIW could be heading huge

Can’t say for sure yet even with good drops I think. Cause Tuesday in SK is holiday (same with many countries) so I’m expecting soft drops on Monday

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

Can’t say for sure yet even with good drops I think. Cause Tuesday in SK is holiday (same with many countries) so I’m expecting soft drops on Monday

I'll be comparing to CW and AoU which both had the same holiday I think?

Either way can compare to other movies that are out to determine what said "Normal" is

Edited by feasby007

Turkey OW: Was way more frontloaded than I imagined but still the became the highest grossing non-local OW of all time in local currency. Easily beat every CBM record in adm and lc. 

USD OW should be about 2.568.231$ which is almost a million below F7 despite beating it by more than a million in lc, but a little more than BvS which was previous CBM OW record holder in USD, %16 higher than AOU's OW in USD which was the highest MCU OW. Favored to become highest grossing Hollywood release of all time in lc, highest grossing CBM ever in lc, USD and admissions over either AoU or BvS, highest non-local admissions should easily end up in top 5 (AoU was #21, BvS was #12) but legs will tell if it could go further up. Shame it has to go through a historically terrible exchange rate, otherwise would blow past every USD record like it did with lc records. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

This movie's Monday and Tuesday are not going to be comparable  to IM3 nor AoU due to calendar configuration. The last time May 1 fell on  a Tuesday was in  2012 so the original Avengers would be a better comparison. But since that movie was not a sequel (kind of), it's run is probably way more backloaded than IW's is going to be. For what it's worth, Avengers pulled $32M on Monday and $40m on Tuesday coming off a $185m weekend. A proportional perfomance for IW would be $66M and $82M respectively (using the $380M wknd estimate which is probably an underestimate).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Agafin said:

This movie's Monday and Tuesday are not going to be comparable  to IM3 nor AoU due to calendar configuration. The last time May 1 fell on  a Tuesday was in  2012 so the original Avengers would be a better comparison. But since that movie was not a sequel (kind of), it's run is probably way more backloaded than IW's is going to be. For what it's worth, Avengers pulled $32M on Monday and $40m on Tuesday coming off a $185m weekend. A proportional perfomance for IW would be $66M and $82M respectively (using the $380M wknd estimate which is probably an underestimate).

Add to that if IW follows Avengers Domestically but adjusting for Tuesday discounts now, you probably get about $22m + $25m. So that makes 258 + 390 + 88 + 107 = $843m 7-day total. To beat TFA to $1b, it would need to average $40m worldwide over the next 4 days, which should be pretty easy.

So I think at this point beating TFA to $1b seems quite likely.

(For those wondering about the different figures, I'm using the $69m from Weekend thread to get 258 and upped to 390 for OS since it is almost certainly underestimated)

Day 2 of the week-long holidays in Japan (Golden Week) gives us Monday numbers:

¥315,000,000 ($2.9 million), 0, ¥1,340,000,000 ($12.2 million), Avengers: Infinity War (Disney) Day 4

Good hold!

Edited by feasby007
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, PPZVGOS said:

That was my point, Germany doesn't have a movie-going culture. 

Sorry, I thought you meant this only for IW, and I wanted to point out that it is for every movie.

But yeah, it really is true:(

Even if Infinity War misses $2B, 4th of all time, ahead of JW but behind TFA, is a lock. 

Based on Mojo numbers, AoU would have had an opening around $265M OS if it opened everywhere simultaneously except for China and Russia. Ultron ended up making around $670M OS not counting China/Russia. 

If Infinity War can manage the same legs off of this $382M opening, it would make $965M, before adding in China (and whatever little Russia brings). So $1.2B OS is probably on the lower end of things. $1.1B is the floor with weaker than expected holds. I'm thinking that $600M is pretty close the the worst case scenario domestically (Civil War Legs is still $588M), which gives you a floor in the $1.7B range if OS holds are mediocre and if China is being greatly overestimated right now. 

Edited by kswiston

2 hours ago, feasby007 said:

"Avengers-Infinity was creating with 1,075,122 visitors (€ 12,556,887) The best start of the year and the best launch of a Marvel Cinematic Universe film (43% above the previous GOTG2 record) in Germany!"

Germany is pulling its weight relative to other MCU films there  :D 

(It's translated from German, so ignore the bad grammar by Google)

relative is the important word here.:hahaha:

I am really interesting how the films run is, as even BVS got a 2.76 multiplier....

Which would be 2967k adm. So above 3m should be likely, so a higher adm. total than Fifty Shades Freed (thank god):lol:

Which would mean.... IW might end up in the Top 5 (of the year) (and has a shot at the Top 3) which has only happened 1979 (Superman #4) and 2002 (Spider-Man #5).

As right now I don't think that many movies have a shot at over 3M (Deadpool 2, Solo, JW 2, Mamma Mia, and maybe I2 and Marry Poppins)

• Like 2

Dam, IW is stirring up the talk about law protect local movies in Vietnam again

It's not IW's fault that distributors stupidly released 2 local movies in the same weekend as IW then got destroyed :redcapes:

God, I hope they don't pass the law. I don't want to have to wait 2 weeks to watch Avengers 4. Spoilers will be unavoidable :whosad:

• Sad 1