kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

43 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

60m overseas on Monday? Is it a typo? That is not comprehensible. 

40 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

60M OS Monday is perfectly comprehensible given the previous record of 55M.    

This is is a 60M OS-China Monday though, and I don’t really know what to do with that kind of a number.

Tuesday is May 1st, which is basically Labor Day for the entire world (minus the UK and the US). It is a public holiday in all other countries, therefore it makes sense that the previous evening (Monday) would be a very busy day at the cinemas. Tuesday grosses will be even bigger, just like they were for the first Avengers, 6 years ago, when May 1st also fell on a Tuesday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

IW scored a record first OS Monday at $60.3M. The previous record was Fate of the Furious at $55.7M, followed by The Force Awakens at $41.7M.

The first Avengers film sold $33.1M on its first Monday and $42.3M on its first Tuesday. A proportional increase for IW would give a gargantuan $77.1M Tuesday.

The Avengers also opened in Bulgaria, Latvia, Singapore and Thailand on May 1, which boosted that Tuesday some more. Would make sense if IW's Tuesday doesn't increase as much and goes lower than $77M.

• Like 2

Looked it up and this is what IW's daily OS numbers would look like if it followed The Avengers's day-to-day OS drops for this same week:

Monday: $60.3M

Tuesday: $77.1M (+27.8%, but Avengers opened in Bulgaria, Latvia, Singapore and Thailand)

Wednesday: $37.5M (-51.3%, but Avengers opened in Egypt and Serbia)

Thursday: $41.7M (+11.2%, but Avengers opened in UAE, Bahrain, Czech Republic, Croatia, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Serbia, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia and Ukraine)

Looks like we should expect the Wednesday number to be roughly half of whatever it makes on Tuesday.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ephemeris said:

The Avengers also opened in Bulgaria, Latvia, Singapore and Thailand on May 1, which boosted that Tuesday some more. Would make sense if IW's Tuesday doesn't increase as much and goes lower than $77M.

fair enough

25 minutes ago, Ephemeris said:

Looked it up and this is what IW's daily OS numbers would look like if it followed The Avengers's day-to-day OS drops for this same week:

Monday: $60.3M

Tuesday: $77.1M (+27.8%, but Avengers opened in Bulgaria, Latvia, Singapore and Thailand)

Wednesday: $37.5M (-51.3%, but Avengers opened in Egypt and Serbia)

Thursday: $41.7M (+11.2%, but Avengers opened in UAE, Bahrain, Czech Republic, Croatia, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Serbia, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia and Ukraine)

Looks like we should expect the Wednesday number to be roughly half of whatever it makes on Tuesday.

That would make sense

It Won't happen

• Like 1

Finally :sparta:

SINGAPORE: Disney and Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War topped the box office over the weekend with tickets sales of S$5.26 million – the biggest opening weekend of all time in Singapore.
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/avengers-infinity-war-biggest-opening-box-office-smash-10189810

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/avengers-infinity-war-earns-612-million-after-five-days-in-singapore

Singaporeans just cannot get enough of Marvel's pantheon of superheroes, with the latest movie Avengers: Infinity War landing another box-office knockout.

Over its five-day roll-out here from Wednesday to Sunday, it earned $6.12 million. This is the biggest five-day opening weekend here.

If only the period from Thursday to Sunday is considered, the $5.26 million in ticket sales represents the biggest opening weekend of all time in Singapore.

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 6

The Avengers made 11M total there in Singapore, while Ultron made 10M.

This is gonna go wayyyy past that

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Infinity War might have three markets that gross over $100 million? China, UK, and South Korea?

China 100%

IW have a big chance to pass 100M in UK 

SK? I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

China 100%

IW have a big chance to pass 100M in UK 

SK? I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♂️

Providing it doesn't crash and burn (which it is showing no signs of) SK should make it fine

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Providing it doesn't crash and burn (which it is showing no signs of) SK should make it fine

Well i don't know it's at around 50m right now. A little under, so about 6.1m admission for 50m then it needs another 6.1m for 100m. Thats 12.2m, right now it's tracking for 11-11.5m nothing has indicated crazy legs atm. At least not like in markets as Mexico and Brazil

• Like 1

Yeah, I think South Korea will cap out around 11.5M admissions.

Marvel is insanely popular in SK, more than any other franchises out there, but it’s also a relatively young franchise, so it doesn’t get to tap into the older audience demo who turn up for local movies.

90M in SK is my guess. 

Although, considering this movie performance right now, never say never.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I found this this from “THE NUMBERS”

Theatrical Performance (US$)
Hong Kong Box Office $9,600,000 Details
Worldwide Box Office $725,538,300 Details

Assuming that’s accurate and total up to Monday.

That means HK$75.35M, Ultron is highest MCU there (and also second highest all-time) in local currency with HK$133M, so IW will easily blow past that.

Target could be the all-time #1 Avatar with HK$178M. I think it’ll fall just short, but it’ll be close.

$20M total from HK is very doable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pretty much every movie does less on the first Tuesday overseas compared to Monday.  

BvS did 31.0 Monday, 21.1 Tues

BatB did 21.9 Mon, 18.1 Tues

Ep7 did 41.7 Mon, 41.3 Tues

Ep8 did 22.2 Mon, 21.8 Tues

R1 was 15.8 Mon, 16.0 Tues (a very slight increase)

I'll guess with Tuesday holidays we'll see IW stay flat or increase very slightly  (though I won't be surprised if a big part of Monday's gross was insane night business because of today's holiday which won't be replicated today and could lead to a decrease anyway).  

Wed and Thurs are going to be down a lot, under 30m I think.

3 minutes ago, MattW said:

Pretty much every movie does less on the first Tuesday overseas compared to Monday.  

BvS did 31.0 Monday, 21.1 Tues

BatB did 21.9 Mon, 18.1 Tues

Ep7 did 41.7 Mon, 41.3 Tues

Ep8 did 22.2 Mon, 21.8 Tues

R1 was 15.8 Mon, 16.0 Tues (a very slight increase)

I'll guess with Tuesday holidays we'll see IW stay flat or increase very slightly  (though I won't be surprised if a big part of Monday's gross was insane night business because of today's holiday which won't be replicated today and could lead to a decrease anyway).  

Wed and Thurs are going to be down a lot, under 30m I think.

You should compare to The avengers, not movies in wildly different release periods.