Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

7 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

No she didn't. Sanders got bodyed and Scarlett still gets Marvel movies.

Her name was in the FLOP headlines and the articles about it costing Paramount $60m+.  Not his.

It will take more than one large flop to hurt her career though since she has a far longer, more established and successful career than he does.

Just now, filmlover said:

What's everyone predicting for next week? I'm going with $40M for Alien, $11M for Everything Everything, and $9M for that Wimpy Kid thing.

45M for Alien.

Not a fucking clue about the rest. Your numbers sound about right. I can see Wimpy Kid going lower.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Her name was in the FLOP headlines and the articles about it costing Paramount $60m+.  Not his.

It will take more than one large flop to hurt her career though since she has a far longer, more established and successful career than he does.

No, it was all on him. The studio even specifically mentioned him, not her. I know you want to make this into some kind of ridiculous "oppresed womyn" storyline, but Sanders will take the fall and she has like a dozen more movies.

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

45M for Alien.

Not a fucking clue about the rest. Your numbers sound about right. I can see Wimpy Kid going lower.

Hoping for a -70% for Alien Covenant on second week-end, forcing Fox to pull the plug on whatever Scott is cooking next for this rotting franchise.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What's everyone predicting for next week? I'm going with $40M for Alien, $11M for Everything Everything, and $9M for that Wimpy Kid thing.

Alien-50m

everything-15m

wimpy-10m

Just now, The Futurist said:

Hoping for a -70% for Alien Covenant on second week-end, forcing Fox to pull the plug on whatever Scott is cooking next for this rotting franchise.

This one really riled you up, huh?

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think it's going into single digits. It's been nearly half a decade since the last one (which put up franchise-low numbers).

Wimpy kid still has a readership though (even if it has no crossover appeal to adults)

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think it's going into single digits. It's been nearly half a decade since the last one (which put up franchise-low numbers).

I meant domestic total. :redcapes:

Just now, drdungbeetle said:

Wimpy kid still has a readership though (even if it has no crossover appeal to adults)

However they nuked their chances of attracting an audience older than 12 with that new Rodrick casting. It caused a lot of pre teens and teenagers in an uproar on social media.

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

However they nuked their chances of attracting an audience older than 12 with that new Rodrick casting. It caused a lot of pre teens and teenagers in an uproar on social media.

They couldn't have used the same kid, he was too old for the role now. If Wimpy Kid goes down as bad as you say Hollywood will basically be done with PG live action movies.

Just now, YourMother said:

lmao I've heard about that, what the hell? I know the actor from the previous movies has developed a following thanks to The 100 but he's definitely too old for that series now.

15 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

You're betting very wrong, especially since he doesn't have anything yet. Hell, even the Oblivion guy hasn't been signed to anything yet and that movie had a decent gross compared to Ghost.

Kosinski's doing Granite Mountain which is already done filming and releasing this October.