Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lmao I've heard about that, what the hell? I know the actor from the previous movies has developed a following thanks to The 100 but he's definitely too old for that series now.

Unless the author turns it into a YA series where the kid has to kill Sparklepires in a dystopia to some crappy alternative rock soundtrack.

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

They couldn't have used the same kid, he was too old for the role now. If Wimpy Kid goes down as bad as you say Hollywood will basically be done with PG live action movies.

Of course they shouldn't have used the same kid. However some of their main target audience, preteens/early teen group (11-14) stormed social media pissed of at the new Rodrick casting. Besides as long as Disney keeps doing live action remakes, the live action PG movies will live.

Just now, YourMother said:

Of course they shouldn't have used the same kid. However some of their main target audience, preteens/early teen group (11-14) stormed social media pissed of at the new Rodrick casting. Besides as long as Disney keeps doing live action remakes, the live action PG movies will live.

I seriously doubt 99% of 11-14 year old's give a shit.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Those kids really need to get a life... 

Anyway, these movies are dirt cheap to make and will be endlessly rerun on cable networks so Fox won't lose out in anyway

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Anyway, these movies are dirt cheap to make and will be endlessly rerun on cable networks so Fox won't lose out in anyway

Not if it gets as low as some people on here are predicting (remember, they have to spend some on ads)

Just now, filmlover said:

Everything Everything feels more like another Paper Towns than another Me Before You to me. I don't think there's anyone beyond its core demographic of teenage girls on the fence about seeing it.

I imagine even with the limited demos, it'll make a small profit for WB and MGM. 

Just now, Jonwo said:

Yeah Fox will make their money back even if it does $50M WW. I feel bad for the new Rodrick actor, those kids made him quit social media for a while.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Sanders will still be sent off to the glue factory alongside the Fantastic Four 2015 guy.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/josh-trank-caa-director-fonzo-fantastic-four-1202041497/

Josh Trank, who next is directing Tom Hardy in Fonzo, the feature film about the final days of mobster Al Capone, has just signed with CAA, who is repping the U.S. distribution rights for the film along with WME Global. Trank had been repped by WME.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Everything Everything feels more like another Paper Towns than another Me Before You to me. I don't think there's anyone beyond its core demographic of teenage girls on the fence about seeing it.

I didn't know this movie even existed before you mentioned it. I have seen no posters for it, nor TV ads. If anything it might do worse than Wimpy I'd guess.

Just now, YourMother said:

Yeah Fox will make their money back even if it does $50M WW. I feel bad for the new Rodrick actor, those kids made him quit social media for a while.

The last film cost $22m, this will likely cost the same or even less! 

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I don't, he got paid and his critics didn't.

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

I didn't know this movie even existed before you mentioned it. I have seen no posters for it, nor TV ads. If anything it might do worse than Wimpy I'd guess.

It isn't being marketed to you. The movie is pretty much targeting teen girls exclusively with marketing. I am thinking a 5th Wave type run will be managed by it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

The last film cost $22m, this will likely cost the same or even less! 

Fox will easily make their money back then. Thinking $20M domestic/$65M Worldwide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

It isn't being marketed to you. The movie is pretty much targeting teen girls exclusively with marketing. I am thinking a 5th Wave type run will be managed by it.

Which means it'll be lucky to go over 30 mil. Teens don't go to movies that much anymore, they are not a reliable demo like families are.

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Love how last weekend there was so much optimism whenever guardians would outperform expectations :lol: and now it's all doom and gloom

I'd argued, the first few pages of last week's thread had much more doom & gloom compared to this one, especially when the numbers came in and we assumed Guardians was doing around 130m before Saturday's dropped. Either way the panic button had been pushed. 

• Like 1