Plain Old Tele

Sunshine, Light, and Joy -- Bring Fun to the Forums

50 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Guys please do not turn this into PC hell or you will really limit its potential. We need different viewpoints... 

Youre missing the point.

No one is advocating clinical correctness at all whatsoever. No one is saying that you cannot shit on a film. In fact go ahead and do it and get it out of your system. What we are asking is that once you've expressed yourself numerous times there's no need to continuously do it over and over again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Youre missing the point.

No one is advocating clinical correctness at all whatsoever. No one is saying that you cannot shit on a film. In fact go ahead and do it and get it out of your system. What we are asking is that once you've expressed yourself numerous times there's no need to continuously do it over and over again.

That's a bit different from the tone behind the OP but yeah it makes sense.

Edited by GiantCALBears
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

When it comes to super hero movies, I'm not gonna lie I have zero knowledge why there is so much animosity between the two (I mean, I don't understand why they just can't get along and apreciate one another). Those are the films that I know are a big source of negativity on both ends (those who troll and those who are over protective of their film even recieving a minor criticism).

Imagine sports teams.

Now imagine if the winner was decided by popular opinion and circular fanboy arguments. :P

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Youre missing the point.

So how many times do I have to wait from you saying TFA is the GOAT before I call a mod? :P

13 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Curious why trolling can't apply to someone who overly praises something especially if it's consensus not good but I largely get and agree with that. Everyone would prefer an upbeat atmosphere. 

Obviously we're going to have people whose opinion goes against consensus (whether positively or negatively). I didn't stress the positive fanboyism because it didn't seem like as big a problem. But really, the issue is whether you're trying to overwhelm everyone else with your view. If a film is generally hated and you love it, that's cool -- and it's certainly cool to explain why you liked it or to engage with others in a discussion to explain why. But if you literally reply to every single negative post with a "That's wrong, you misunderstood, it's genius!", that's what we're cracking down on.

For the most part, I think it tends to be the other way around but no question sometimes the reverse is true.

• Like 3

In all seriousness, I'm glad to hear what everyone thinks of this, and what concerns you may feel this could present. We really do try to make everyone happy and want this place to be a place you can come and post freely without judgement, and just have fun. :)

• Like 2

All the talk is about superhero threads but honestly every blockbuster has this issue. I'm mostly engaged by animated films but I have to deal with the "Pixar has lost it" shit every time I dare to bump a thread for their food. Everyone's so quick to dismiss them now, the exception ironically being the Cars 3 thread

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Everyone should just take a break from the CBM threads and watch Better Call Saul tonight so I have some people to live post with in the CC thread.

I never get the chance to watch TV live anymore :(

Excited to see how much of a douchebag furious Chuck is though!