grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lmao, I didn't expect The Mummy to keep 2 screens at my theater :rofl: I'm assuming one goes on Wednesday for Transformers.

I imagine most theaters are moving it to medium to smaller auditoriums this weekend (especially with the influx of new releases).

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I imagine most theaters are moving it to medium to smaller auditoriums this weekend (especially with the influx of new releases).

It was already in an average one and the 4th smallest this week at my theater; now, it's losing a grand total of 2 seats in capacity :rofl: 

LA Times:

Cars 3: $60M

All Eyez on Me: $17-20M

Rough Night: $10-14M

47 Meters Down: $5M

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-movie-projector-cars-3-htmlstory.html

Yikes at that Rough Night projection, although it really doesn't have much buzz and comedies are on a shit streak right now, so I guess it's not that surprising.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

LA Times:

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-movie-projector-cars-3-htmlstory.html

Yikes at that Rough Night projection, although it really doesn't have much buzz and comedies are on a shit streak right now, so I guess it's not that surprising.

I think Disney would be happy with a $60m OW for Cars 3 considering Cars 2 wasn't well received and it would on par with Cars 1. Not bad for a franchise which is the black sheep of the Pixar family

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

LA Times:

That would be great for Cars considering it is following Cars 2

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

Didn't expect anything more than that for rough night

Nah, it should be higher and at least 20m

Sony really dropped the ball with this with so much potential there

The marketplace is hungry for a breakout, so I imagine Girls Trip is a "surprise" hit

Edited by StillJayAlways

Just now, filmlover said:

No reviews for All Eyez on Me, The Book of Henry, and Rough Night still and they all start their first showings in less than 36 hours. Not an encouraging sign.

EC has seen All Eyez and Rough Night. He liked the former but said it's nowhere near SOC's quality, so reviews will probably be in the 50's on that. He's been saying RN is mediocre at best, and given the late embargo, it's probably landing in the 30's or 40's.

36 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

EC has seen All Eyez and Rough Night. He liked the former but said it's nowhere near SOC's quality, so reviews will probably be in the 50's on that. He's been saying RN is mediocre at best, and given the late embargo, it's probably landing in the 30's or 40's.

Embargo just ended for Rough Night. Reviews seem to be alright, if unspectacular.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Embargo just ended for Rough Night. Reviews seem to be alright, if unspectacular.

That's good all things considered. It probably isn't opening to 20M at this point, but I can see it doing 15/45 or so.

Edited by WrathOfHan

27 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's good all things considered. It probably isn't opening to 20M at this point, but I can see it doing 15/45 or so.

I think it could do high teens and finish with $60M now. Not a breakout but actually better than the norm for a dark comedy.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Wonder Woman: never forget. Lol 

• Like 2