grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Atomic Blonde is getting all but one PLF in Orlando; Dunkirk is keeping the Cinemark XD and one of Epic's XL screens (the other is going to AB). One of the RPXs and 4DX are a split between Atomic Blonde and Emoji. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My theater added 3 showings for Emoji tonight. Hm.

Both my locals also added Thursday Emoji showings overnight - one for 5 and 6:15pm (but nothing later) and the other for 3 traditional times (5, 7ish, 9ish)...Apes and Big Sick lost showings at one, and Apes lost 2 showings at the other...

Fandango has a new code, so I guess it was time to try a new movie to get people to go, since Apes has fallen off the top 5 on internet sales on both sites:)...

• Like 1

I decided to do something different for tracking animated movies. Instead of use the percent of tickets sold (since unless it's a major event it's hard to determine), I use the amount of showtimes for all Marcus Cinemas in Wisconsin.

Emoji: 300 showings for Friday; (41 (13.6%) in a PLF (Ultrascreen/Superscreen/Big Screen Bistro/Ultrascreen DLX) 

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Dunkirk - 28.2%

Girls Trip - 13.8%

Spider-Man - 9.4%

Emoji- 8.2%

DM3 - 6.2%

Dunkirk - 25.7%

Girls Trip - 13.7%

Emoji - 11.2%

Spider-Man - 8.9%

DM3 - 7.3%

...I expect for DM3 to fall after the afternoon and give up position to Atomic Blonde.

Update for my theater:

5:00 Emoji: 34/78

7:00 Atomic: 13/113

8:20 Emoji: 2/78

10:00 Atomic: 0/113

10:40 Emoji: 0/78

Atomic Blonde needs to pick up the pace. This is ok for Emoji I suppose; about on par with CU?

For Emoji, my 2 locals only put tickets on sale this morning...

1st local 5pm 2d show (smallest theater) - 31/50, 6:15pm 3d show 15/75 seats - not bad sales for the last minute

2nd local 5:05pm 3d show (smallest theater) - 4/60, 2 later 2d shows in same theater - 23/60 and 4/60 for 27/120 - again, not bad sales for last minute showings

The local with cheap morning shows has sold 75% of its 1st Friday and 1st Saturday show in a 200 seat theater...so people seem willing to spring for this w/o too much monetary commitment (the Atom 3 for 2 deal and the Fandango $5 off deals are obviously helping)...

Emoji starts in 10 minutes at North Shore (50/105) and it's almost at half and this is at matinee prices.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1