grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Not good for Apes that he fell completely off it, even under Imax...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's seeing a nasty drop this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised by 60%+ honestly.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

I had issues with the verification questions. If need be, do the email verification and then make new security questions for yourself. 

I had the same issue and the email thing worked for me. WTF was that Google authentication stuff? I tried to download from the App store and couldn't even get the link to open in the App store. For a minute I thought I might be completely locked out, haha. 

MT

1. Dunkirk - 35.3%

2. GT - 17.7%

3. SMH - 10.1%

4. WftPotA - 7.8%

5. Valerian - 7.5%

Pulse

1. GT

2. Dunkirk

3. SMH

4. Dunkirk IMAX

5. WftPotA 

Girls Trip is making up a lot of ground now and I'm still feeling good about a big OD.

Btw, I've been confused by everyone saying that they can't see the percentages on MT anymore when on mobile because I've been able to see them just fine in spite of the layout change. I noticed this morning that when I have my phone vertical that the percentages disappear. But when I have my phone horizontal, the percentages show up right under their main stories with the header trending movies . Was wondering if this worked for anybody else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, nomyth said:

Btw, I've been confused by everyone saying that they can't see the percentages on MT anymore when on mobile because I've been able to see them just fine in spite of the layout change. I noticed this morning that when I have my phone vertical that the percentages disappear. But when I have my phone horizontal, the percentages show up right under their main stories with the header trending movies . Was wondering if this worked for anybody else.

Thanks it works when I switch my phone to the horizontal position. Cant see it in the vertical position though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thanks it works when I switch my phone to the horizontal position. Cant see it in the vertical position though. 

Glad to hear it! Seems like a strange quirk. I just hope they don't ever take away the percentages. I've become reliant on them for predictions.

So, on MT, DM3 is almost poised to hop Apes today...which is a bit of a surprise since DM3 is 2 weeks older and since MT tends to skew to older buyers...yes, it is family matinee weekdays (and Sunday is a big family day), but still:)...here's the current 5...

Dunkirk 28.6

Girl's Trip 14.2

Spidey 12.9 (probably also getting a little family bump)

Apes 9.6

DM3 9.4

Edited by TwoMisfits

Over 10 minutes, Atomic Blonde popped up on Pulse 28 times and Emojimovie 22 times. Last week at this time, Dunkirk was at 60, GT at 45 and Valerian was at 12.

Obviously, we need to wait and see how they build throughout the week but I think these early #'s are fairly in line with early projections that have both movies in the 20's. Would love to see Atomic Blonde break out but it's been selling basically nothing during the day so I want to see it increase a lot over the next couple days before I get too optimistic. Pulse and MT will be fun to watch on Thursday.

• Like 5