grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

14 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

So in other words @Grimm22 has the more accurate info to use?

Where did I say that? Please don't spin my words. I simply said I don't know what data EC sees and that they could be looking at different sources. There is no reason to believe one's info is more accurate over the other. 

Edited by ZeeSoh

Guys remember that the  best marketing team in the industry is about to start JL's final marketing push.Within a week they bough a 65M for Skull Island and a 100+M for Wonder Woman (both were tracking well below).Decent reception can push it even further.Again...i think we are looking at BvS numbers here.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Just to let everyone know ...The JL Thread is close and I had nothing to do with the last 15-20pages :hahaha:

You ended it by bragging about a movie not needing China to make a lot of money. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Where did I say that? I simply said I don't know what data EC sees and that they could be looking at different sources. There is no reason to believe one's info is more accurate over the other. 

You didn’t however you did say you didn’t know what info EC was using.

Just now, Rumpot said:

Noteworthy that the points of reference being used for comparative predictions, however, are Deep Wang though right?

Yes the ones here are from DW.

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

You didn’t however you did say you didn’t know what info EC was using.

Yes I don't know the source of EC's data but that does not make it any less accurate or the other persons info any more accurate than EC. Knowing EC and his track record I trust his info and insights.

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

EC has access to a lot of theaters. And I mean a lot.

I’m trying to figure out why is there such a big disconnect between the two.

I can’t remembera time where the info they give us are so vastly different.

41 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yes I don't know the source of EC's data but that does not make it any less accurate or the other persons info any more accurate than EC. Knowing EC and his track record I trust his info and insights.

One guys says “JL presales aren’t looking to good”

The other days “JL presales are really good”

Somebody is wrong somewhere in there as the data either of them use shouldn’t be any different 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'd say the range based on BOT insiders is 125-150 m OW for JL.

So when EC says JL might disappoint, he's not wrong considering most BOT predictions seem to be in the 150-180 m range.

He didn’t say it would disappoint,He pretty much said JL presales aren’t looking too good.

Im trying to figured out why is Theres suck a disconnect between the two.?

8 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

One guys says “JL presales aren’t looking to good”

The other days “JL presales are really good”

Somebody is wrong somewhere in there as the data either of them use shouldn’t be any different 

Could they not be data from different theater chain ?