grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 hour ago, Hiccup23 said:

Advanced screening of Love, Simon was sold out tonight. Very positive reception. Would be shocked if this doesn't see an uptick in buzz and prerelease sales. 

It was sold out at most of the theaters showing it around me tonight (including the one I saw A Wrinkle in Time at). The low-ish theater count will likely prevent a big breakout from occurring but I think people will be surprised next weekend.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It was sold out at most of the theaters showing it around me tonight (including the one I saw A Wrinkle in Time at). The low-ish theater count will likely prevent a big breakout from occurring but I think people will be surprised next weekend.

My screening was sold out too. People applauded at the end and some people were crying throughout the film or at the end. I think it'll have good legs and get an A or an A+ cinemascore

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

End of night MT.com - BP did complete the reversal for the day...

31.7% Black Panther

27.8% Wrinkle in Time, A

5.5% Red Sparrow

5.2% Game Night

5.2% Strangers: Prey at Night, The

Current MT.com - WiT hasn't lost too much more ground today yet...

33.6% Black Panther

26.5% Wrinkle in Time, A

5.5% Strangers: Prey at Night, The

5% Game Night

4.9% Red Sparrow

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Current MT.com - WiT hasn't lost too much more ground today yet...

33.6% Black Panther

26.5% Wrinkle in Time, A

5.5% Strangers: Prey at Night, The

5% Game Night

4.9% Red Sparrow

32.9% BP vs 27.3% WiT for the first Monday am numbers.  Interestingly WiT tracked up slightly Sunday

• Like 1

Love, Simon 22 312 7.1%
Tomb Raider 33 848 3.9%
I Can Only Imagine 18 156

11.5%

All openers are tracking slow from last night's count. Love, Simon sold 10 tickets, Tomb Raider sold 6 tickets, and I Can Only Imagine sold 18 tickets. ICOI is probably a church group since the seats are all clustered together and the showing after it hasn't sold a single ticket (first showing is 100% of the film's sales). Tomb Raider's first showing makes up 73% of its sales and Love, Simon's first showing makes up 50% of its sales. Film's should hopefully jump tomorrow and Wednesday with discount Tuesday helping out. 

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

What in the world?

My 2 locals haven't even booked I Can Only Imagine yet...so I checked the closest theater that has...and dang, it's really selling actual seats...Thursday night and Friday night 7pms have 30 or so random seats sold already (so it isn't groups)...and it's Monday...

Now, again, it isn't booked in many places near me yet, so this could just be all the "fans" grouping to the closest available theater...but still...