grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Why do you care so much about what critics might think if you were already looking forward to it?

I was gonna see it at some point just for Will and Amy and them only, but the trailers/ads haven't been funny, and the decision to withhold it from the press just confirms the studio thinks it's a turd. If they don't think highly of the movie, why should I part with my hard earned cash? Especially when there's a bunch of other stuff I'm looking forward to instead.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Baby Driver has a really high average rating on RT. Super curious to see what it's audience score and legs will look like.

Judging by presales, it's not looking at a big OD but I wonder how much it can jump this weekend.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I was gonna see it at some point just for Will and Amy and them only, but the trailers/ads haven't been funny, and the decision to withhold it from the press just confirms the studio thinks it's a turd. If they don't think highly of the movie, why should I part with my hard earned cash?

They screened CHIPS ... could this actually be even worse?  How bad would it be if WB's best comedy so far this year was Fist Fight?  :thinking:

5 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Nope thanks, I'm a bit surprised that:

While box office manipulation has long been a major issue in China, the vast market has increasingly vowed to crack down on cheats. Now, the MPAA has hired an accounting firm to audit Middle Kingdom ticket sales on a select number of films. This is the first time the Hollywood studios are availing themselves of a clause in the longform agreement with China which gives them the ability to take their own close look at the books.

Was not already the case and for all of them since the beginning.

• Like 1

The House comes out this weekend? Had no idea.   :winomg:

Oh well. all my money is on Baby Driver breaking out. It's selling really well at my local theater. Anecdotal I know but I definitely don't think it's going to be overlooked like some folks are saying it'll be. 

1 minute ago, nomyth said:

I don't see The House popping up at all on Pulse. Could this open to less than Rough Night?

That my theater is giving it only one screen while giving Baby Driver two (when usually the other way around would be expected) for the weekend is definitely giving me the feeling that a really low opening is incoming.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Why do you care so much about what critics might think if you were already looking forward to it?

44 minutes ago, CJohn said:

T
O
M
A
T
O

L
A
W

(Tele edit :ph34r:)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They released Going in Style.

Going in Style was enjoyable. I laughed. Didn't care for CHIPs and Fist Fight wasn't release here in theaters (The House won't get a theatrical release here either).