grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Honestly @Porthos maybe cause its late at night but I got a kick out of all the * in your updates and how you bold the "use with with caution." 

Like a commercial for a drug that lists off side effects at the speed of light. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Nothing changed. That 50 million dollar tracking number was never good to begin with 

The movie hasn't opened yet so this statement makes zero sense. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Tracking made no sense doing 50 million 

i know it’s easy to say wait for movie to release and when it surpasses whatever low ball number they gave and be happy 

That 50 million Number will never make sense to me. I guess we will know for sure Thursday 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Honestly @Porthos maybe cause its late at night but I got a kick out of all the * in your updates and how you bold the "use with with caution." 

Like a commercial for a drug that lists off side effects at the speed of light. 

Now you see, that's just tempting me to leave little easter egg messages in there to see if folks are actually reading them or not. :ph34r: :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Tracking made no sense doing 50 million 

i know it’s easy to say wait for movie to release and when it surpasses whatever low ball number they gave and be happy 

That 50 million Number will never make sense to me. I guess we will know for sure Thursday 

It doesn’t have to make sense to you. None of us can say that number is right or wrong until the movie opens up. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

It doesn’t have to make sense to you. None of us can say that number is right or wrong until the movie opens up. 

I'm taking free reign to claim a 10 billy opening weekend then

None of you can tell me its wrong :Gaga:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mulder said:

@Porthos would you agree with me that today's a really good sign for DP?

For your market?  Sure.

For Sacramento area?  I probably would have liked to see about 25 to 50 more ticket sales region wide, honestly.  Though it could just be that it did pretty well the last few days.

Not to overstate it, but I was slightly underwhelmed by local numbers.  Mostly because I didn't see an increase over the last couple of days.  All part of that ramp up I mentioned last night.

But, hey, random variation.  It had pretty strong sales a couple of days ago so maybe it was doing better than expected those days.

Wish I could say something different.  And please don't over-read what I'm saying.  Just would have liked to see some increase over the last couple of days iz all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

For your market?  Sure.

For Sacramento area?  I probably would have liked to see about 25 to 50 more ticket sales region wide, honestly.  Though it could just be that it did pretty well the last few days.

Not to overstate it, but I was slightly underwhelmed by local numbers.  Mostly because I didn't see an increase over the last couple of days.  All part of that ramp up I mentioned last night.

But, hey, random variation.  It had pretty strong sales a couple of days ago so maybe it was doing better than expected those days.

Wish I could say something different.  And please don't over-read what I'm saying.  Just would have liked to see some increase over the last couple of days iz all.

That's fair, maybe tomorrow'll pick up, we'll see.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Nova said:

Indeed. 80 million doesn't make any sense based on these numbers either.

Let's say at least until previews before crying about tracking numbers. Sticking with 65

Not suggesting these are bad numbers imo, it's picking up nicely. Just isn't setting the world on fire either. 

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 3

Detective Pikachu San Gabriel Valley (10 theaters), 4 days to opening night

Sellouts

Showings

Seats sold

Seats Left

Total Seats

Percent Sold

TOTALS

28.10%

248 seats sold

Date       4/10 4/11 4/12 4/13
Tickets Sold       534 198 110 58
Date 4/14 4/15 4/16 4/17 4/18 4/19 4/20
Tickets Sold 28 45 59 63 36 33 28
Date 4/21 4/22 4/23 4/24 4/25 4/26 4/27
Tickets Sold 35 72 57 44 92 64 79
Date 4/28 4/29 4/30 5/1 5/2 5/3 5/4
Tickets Sold 91 126 85 139 255 232 241
Date 5/5            
Tickets Sold 248            

Aladdin San Gabriel Valley (10 theaters), 7th day of presales, 18 days to opening night

Sellouts

Showings

Seats sold

Seats Left

Total Seats

Percent Sold

TOTALS

10.56%

2 showings added

96 seats added

65 seats sold

Date   4/30 4/31 5/1 5/2 5/3 5/4
Tickets Sold   677 208 149 131 87 56
Date 5/5            
Tickets Sold 65            

1.33x Detective Pikachu's first 7 days of presales [Detective Pikachu has 29 days of presales compared to Aladdin's 24]

Edited by Perfundle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

53 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Indeed. 80 million doesn't make any sense based on these numbers either.

Let's say at least until previews before crying about tracking numbers. Sticking with 65

Not suggesting these are bad numbers imo, it's picking up nicely. Just isn't setting the world on fire either. 

The middle ground of 80 and 50 is 65 million 

so I guess that’s good number to have until Thursday 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

With Spider-Man starting pre sales today. 

Please don’t crash again fandango pluse 🤣

Pretty sure it already crashed before they went on sale. There’s been no 8AM update. Will see if it comes back up though 

• Haha 1