grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

11 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

I think TS4 will flop but Spiderman Far from home will do 1B.. This year has been unpredictable year regarding hits and misses. SLOP2 underperformed and it was rated higher by experts. Zilla 2, X-men Dark P, and Pika all either flopped or underperformed. 

TS4 will follow suit in my opinion and the first one to break the trend will be FFH. Why that is the question?  it has great hype going for it early on and Just feels like a Blockbuster.  Tom Holland + Zandaya is also something exciting to look forward to.

Another unpopular opinion. FFH will top Lion king whom I predict will underperform

No way ... FHH wont be topping TLK ...  even with underfrorm tag movie has capable of $1 B 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

No way ... FHH wont be topping TLK ...  even with underfrorm tag movie has capable of $1 B 

I don't think it's impossible. FFH has had little marketing and is still tracking on par with Civil War domestically per Deadline. But it definitely needs to overperform

• Like 1

@UserHN @VenomXXR @Sunny Max

Things are unpredictable in this summer. I am not yet convinced by TS4. I think TLk will perform well but just not like how people are expecting hitting 2B and what not . I think it will do over a 1B tho so I would say moderate level of success. As for TS4 there is a probability of it flopping nothing is locked tho but it can flop following the recent trend. Just a weird summer overall. 

One thing people don't realize is that Spiderman, TS4 and TLK won't be able to live together someone is gonna get toasted and I think that someone is gonna be TS4. Overall just a competitive summer and shit slots for big movies

Edited by Geo1500
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 3

4 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Its unpredictable in this summer. I am not yet convinced by TS4

Great presales

Critical Acclaim

Lack of competition

How is this going to flop domestically? If you are trying to say it won't match the crazy projections here than you need to find another word to use.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't think it's impossible. FFH has had little marketing and is still tracking on par with Civil War domestically per Deadline. But it definitely needs to overperform

of course everything is possible ... but TLK is one of the most awaited film WW ... 

Lets see 

Our London Silvercity had 6 shows on 3 screens (IMAX, AVX, recliner) for next Thursday PREVIEW a week away and seats are already starting to be filled for TS4. 

Thats just my area i admit, but it looks like it will sell well here.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Things are unpredictable in this summer. I am not yet convinced by TS4. I think TLk will perform well but just not like how people are expecting hitting 2B and what not . I think it will do over a 1B tho so I would say moderate level of success. As for TS4 there is a probability of it flopping nothing is locked tho but it can flop following the recent trend. Just a weird summer overall. 

One thing people don't realize is that Spiderman, TS4 and TLK won't be able to live together someone is gonna get toasted and I think that someone is gonna be TS4. Overall just a competitive summer and shit slots for big movies

Have you seen the reviews for TS4? And have you visited the presales thread lately? I figure not.

I don't see TS4 bombing.

It's going to open to the biggest numbers since Endgame, currently has a 100% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes (with 80 reviews already over a week out), and Disney's marketing behind it - no way.

Unless all the critics are delusional and the GA's WOM is not good this is likely to make alot of money.

With SLOP2 underperforming it just makes it more likely that TS4 has a really big run as it really has no family competition until TLK comes out. 

Edited by RamblinRed

29 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

There is no way for TS4 to flop. Amazing reviews, great presales, acclaimed franchise, trailers have performed well.

What confuses and makes me scratching my head the most is the fact that he's calling TS4 will flop when it's already posted great presales , great buzz and great reviews. Even more so when he posted that here , in the thread where all the presale and projection numbers for TS4 are....

Like.... WTF!?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1