grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

3 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

That makes sense, thanks..saw one preview but I didn't like Secret Life of Pets either so I couldn't trust my opinion here.  Emoji did so much better than I would've thought so figured I'd post the question.  Appreciate the reply/insight!

Emoji had uniqueness going for it, plus the all month July Android/Fandango deal for $5/off per ticket (making it a cheap buy)...Nut Job 2 has the baggage of the 1st movie in a summer when folks have really rejected bad sequels...and the previews scream bad...it's one of those "unasked for/unwanted" sequels...I mean, whose kid was begging to see another Nut Job movie?  Who plays with the toys?  Who's watching the previous one all day on DVD?

Now, if Nut Job 2 offers a BOGO deal this week or another non-unique ticket deal comes out, I'll probably up my thoughts, but I can't see this one cracking $15M OW, and I can see it as low as $10M-$12M...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

I see how The Dark Tower dropped underneath Dunkirk for Saturday just like how Emoji did last week.  I also remember that Alien: Covenant dropped below Galaxy Vol. 2 on Saturday after being up on Friday, yet Alien still managed a 5% increase on Saturday from real Friday.  Dunkirk has a slight advantage on movietickets data because they combine the IMAX, PLF with regular showings.  Galaxy Vol 2. had the advantage over Alien as it combines 3D + 2D tickets for the movietickets rankings.  Perhaps The Dark Tower will not slip too hard.  I think 30M OW is still on the table because of this!

32 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

I see how The Dark Tower dropped underneath Dunkirk for Saturday just like how Emoji did last week.  I also remember that Alien: Covenant dropped below Galaxy Vol. 2 on Saturday after being up on Friday, yet Alien still managed a 5% increase on Saturday from real Friday.  Dunkirk has a slight advantage on movietickets data because they combine the IMAX, PLF with regular showings.  Galaxy Vol 2. had the advantage over Alien as it combines 3D + 2D tickets for the movietickets rankings.  Perhaps The Dark Tower will not slip too hard.  I think 30M OW is still on the table because of this!

Please tell me the 30 is a typo. That number is physically not possible for Dark Tower. As far as PLF goes, Dark Tower is playing in RPX at my local Regal theater. Not like it has zero help in that regard. 

1 hour ago, Daenys said:

Dunkirk - 16.4%

Dark Tower - 11.7%

Emoji - 10.2%

Spider-Man - 6.8%

Girls Trip - 5.9%

Dunkirk - 16.6%

Dark Tower - 11.5%

Emoji - 10%

Spider-Man - 6.9%

Girls Trip - 6%

Edited by Daenys