grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

If theater say yes because there is nothing else, it must cost close to nothing in the movie on a server uploading to theater if you can expand (in a death period where many theaters will accept your movie even if you do not commit to marketing).

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I still can't believe Nut Job 2 has over 4.000 theaters. How did Open Road pull that off?

661 easily secured for AMC, 564 for Regal.  That's 1,225 right there.  The big question though: How the fuck did they convince the other 2,778 theaters?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Annabelle is up to 45 tickets across both showings. Nut Job starts in 90 minutes and still hasn't sold anything :rofl: 

Nut Job 2

1st local 4/60 5pm, 4/120 for rest of shows for 8/180

2nd local 12/150ish seats (only 5pm show, so this is pretty much it)

Mall 20/200 5pm, ZERO/400 for rest for 20/600

Total seats sold 40/930ish...this is the worst presale performance for any movie in a long time, let alone one in 4000 theaters...it is going for biggest animated sequel OW drop %, I'm sure of it (not just worst OW in 4K+ theaters)...

Annabelle is doing way better than this - she got bonus showings at one of my locals...should have stolen them from Nut Job, but I think they grabbed Apes or Valerian showings at 7 and 10pm...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Nut Job's first showing is finishing with 2 tickets. Outstanding.

Nut Job 2 has sold 5 tickets for the whole evening so far. 

If it were possible, Nut Job 2 would get dropped next weekend. 

Annabelle on the other hand....that one is selling like hot cakes around here. I know critically it's gone down but I think the WOM on it is really good and in the end for a horror type film, the WOM is what matters most 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nova said:

Nut Job 2 has sold 5 tickets for the whole evening so far. 

If it were possible, Nut Job 2 would get dropped next weekend. 

Annabelle on the other hand....that one is selling like hot cakes around here. I know critically it's gone down but I think the WOM on it is really good and in the end for a horror type film, the WOM is what matters most 

Annabelle is really good. I think WOM is gonna be much better than first had.

• Like 2

Annabelle: Creation is really picking up. Sold 53 tickets in the past hour and still has 1h 30minutes left before the first showing. It selling on bar with Dunkirk at my theater. Of course Dunkirk had more showings/seats (1,216 seats available) but Annabelle is matching it almost in ticket sales 

Sold             Seats Available         % Sold

Annabelle: Creation 251 848 29.6%
Glass Castle 14 156 9.0%
Nut Job 2 36 234 15.4%

14 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Annabelle is really good. I think WOM is gonna be much better than first had.

That's what it looks like to me. I haven't watched it so I can't give my opinion on it but based on the reactions of folks who have watched it, it's really good. 

I wouldnt be shocked by $30M+ based on the WOM it may have