grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

38 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Logan Lucky feels like a nonstarter tbh. Won't be surprised if it does mid-single digits for the weekend.

THB is looking like shit too. Wouldn't be shocked if both debuted in the very low teens or even single digits. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nova said:

THB is looking like shit too. Wouldn't be shocked if both debuted in the very low teens or even single digits. 

The marketing has been stunningly weak, not gonna lie. You would think a Ryan Reynolds/Samuel L. Jackson movie would be among the most easily sellable movies ever yet the ads make it look like a sitcom that would get axed after a few episodes due to nobody watching.

I'm thinking both of these movies are gonna get swept along with the ennui that's about to kick in with the end of summer upon us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matrix4You said:

'It' is not that high for cumulative conversations.....

Hard to say because all the other movie on that list are comic book sequels/ star wars/ fifty shade monster they also have more international appeal.

It is almost 50% bigger than Kingsman and Kingsman was a 414 million world giant blockbuster, that sound extremely high for a non-sequel/domestic heavy title.

If those number are worldwide conversation, if they were some non franchise movie on that list I suspect that number would look really high.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The marketing has been stunningly weak, not gonna lie. You would think a Ryan Reynolds/Samuel L. Jackson movie would be among the most easily sellable movies ever yet the ads make it look like a sitcom that would get axed after a few episodes due to nobody watching.

I'm thinking both of these movies are gonna get swept along with the ennui that's about to kick in with the end of summer upon us.

I can say that the marketing for the movie SUCKS. I praised it intially but man it's just been horrible. Like I watch the ads for it and I'm like this is NOT the movie I watched. 

There are many parts to the film that are very sellable that they're keeping out of the marketing and including the parts of the film that were meh in the marketing. Another poster on BOT who watched it feels the same way about the marketing. Its a movie that is very easy to sell and the contents of the film are there for it to be marketed. But it's like Lionsgate just enjoys losing or something 

• Like 1

Just did a pulse check for THB and LL for the heck of it during my study break. 

15 minute watch and I saw 15 sets for THB and 1 for LL. 

I havent done one of these in a while and I was shocked at some people's film choices. Like I saw tickets for The House and Baywatch being sold and I'm just like but why 

:winomg:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Wonder Woman expands into IMAX next weekend and will get a LD expansion as well. Baby Driver and Cars 3 expansions also confirmed over LD.

Is it getting a LD expansion? The Deadline article only said it'd be getting an IMAX rerelease before it's out on digital. Also, BD is on the 25th