grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think Tulip Fever got canned :lol: It's going to end up on Lifetime like Grace of Monaco probably

Wind River will get fucked with by not expanding much next weekend and Labor Day

Steven Soderbergh. His power.

They should be following what Liosngate did with HoHW. They had the job done for them. All they had to do was literally follow the expansion model of HoHW and yet, not even that Harvey is capable of doing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

They should be following what Liosngate did with HoHW. They had the job done for them. All they had to do was literally follow the expansion model of HoHW and yet, not even that Harvey is capable of doing.

Wind River:

OW: 4

2nd: 45

3rd: 600-700, maybe more

HOHW:
OW: 32

2nd: 472

3rd: 909

how041004_175.jpg

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Wind River:

OW: 4

2nd: 45

3rd: 600-700, maybe more

HOHW:
OW: 32

2nd: 472

3rd: 909

how041004_175.jpg

Wind River is going too slow and then too fast. HoHW had a better expansion model.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

The Weinstein Company needs to stop acquiring foreign animated films for the domestic market, they never do well!

Maybe they should just give up at this point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

I'll do an AMC Empire report tonight cause why not

THB is selling better during the Dolby 7PM session versus the regular one. The regular one is just tragic to look at. 

Dont know about LL though. 

I did do a pulse check really quick and LL better hope it's all walk up driven/people in the areas it's marketed in aren't using Fandango because wow it's bad. THB did 24 sets in 15 minutes. LL did 5 sets in 15 minutes.

Take into account that THB has a deal through Atomic tickets ($4 ticket) for today that isn't included into Fandango....and I feel like the difference would be much more wide spread than that, but that's an assumption that folks are buying through Atomic tickets so I may be wrong. 

Just now, CJohn said:

Maybe they should just give up at this point.

They almost went bankrupt in 2010, they had to sell their library to Goldman Sachs to avoid it. Harvey talks about reacquiring the Miramax library but he needs to focus on TWC not going bankrupt again

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

They almost went bankrupt in 2010, they had to sell their library to Goldman Sachs to avoid it. Harvey talks about reacquiring the Miramax library but he needs to focus on TWC not going bankrupt again

I am not sure how he is going to avoid that.

I just want to know how Harvey Weinstein gets all the money to buy the Golden Globes for his movies when they just flop at the box office 99.9% of the time. 

Must be the money his wife makes from her fashion label, Marchesa 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I just want to know how Harvey Weinstein gets all the money to buy the Golden Globes for his movies when they just flop at the box office 99.9% of the time. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings_(film_series)

He probably still has a big personal fortune from Lords of the rings + first Hobbit, but it has been a while is company has not been that relevant, what was the last globe he won ? Even Carol didn't won any.

42 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think Tulip Fever got canned :lol: It's going to end up on Lifetime like Grace of Monaco probably

It's set to open next weekend, but it's most likely gonna be a dump and run job like About Ray/Three Generations/whatever it was called.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Barnack said:

He probably still has a big personal fortune from Lords of the rings + first Hobbit, but it has been a while is company has not been that relevant, what was the last globe he won ? Even Carol didn't won any.

It's a running joke that Weinstein pays to get his movies awards. 

Gervasi made a joke about it last time he hosted and the camera panned to Harvey. 

But i dont really pay attention to his films all that much so I couldn't tell ya lol 

13 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Weinstien has nothing to do with Lord OfThe Rings movies.

23 minutes ago, Nova said:

And those Oscars.   was the mediocre Lion really worthy of oscar nominations? and thats just a recent example. 

you can bet that cumbebrbatch movie (the current war) will get at least nominations this year. ugh

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Nova said:

Project Runaway still brings in money, it's probably the only thing keeping them afloat aside from the odd Oscar bait

9 minutes ago, Alli said:

And those Oscars.   was the mediocre Lion really worthy of oscar nominations? and thats just a recent example. 

you can bet that cumbebrbatch movie (the current war) will get at least nominations this year. ugh

At least someone here gets what I'm talking about lol 

18 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Weinstien has nothing to do with Lord OfThe Rings movies.

He did lie in interviews about developing that project since the mid 90's and the technology used for the battle, he had a 5% participation on the first 3 and the first Hobbit ?

The Weinstein name appear 5 times on that page.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-weinsteins-sue-warner-bros-over-hobbit-profits-2013dec11-story.html

Weinsteins sue Warner Bros. over 'Hobbit' profits

The "Lord of the Rings" films grossed nearly $3 billion worldwide. Along with "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey," the movies have each netted the Weinsteins more than $100 million. Although the Weinsteins have since sold Miramax to Disney, they retained a share in "The Hobbit" profits.

That was all made up by them and the media, what is your source ? The trials actually happen about the hobbit sequels points.

Edited by Barnack