grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

22 minutes ago, MattW said:

Out of curiosity, what are the latest showtimes for thursday previews for Infinity War? 

Around me there are two 12:01am showtimes, most theaters right now have the last show starting around 11pm

Lots of midnights.  Latest I've seen showtimes are at 3 am and  3:15am though those are rare. (zoning probably wouldn't allow even if there was demand)

Lincoln Center in NYC has a last show at 3 am and on Friday the first show is 6 am - so basically around the clock.

AMC Empire 25 has the latest show at 3:15am and has 18 shows that start after midnight.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Lots of midnight I've seen showtimes at 3am and  3:15am though those are rare. (zoning probably wouldn't allow even if there was demand)

Lincoln Center in NYC has a last show at 3 am and on Friday the first show is 6 am - so basically around the clock.

AMC Empire 25 has the latest show at 3:15am and has 18 shows that start after midnight.

Godspeed anyone who works at a theater and has to stay up for that.

1 hour ago, MattW said:

Out of curiosity, what are the latest showtimes for thursday previews for Infinity War? 

Around me there are two 12:01am showtimes, most theaters right now have the last show starting around 11pm

My theater’s late showing is the 10:10PM IMax. They ARE doing seven showings between 7PM and 10PM. So, not open later. Just canceling everything else. 

Edited by captainwondyful
Typo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MattW said:

Current latest ones in the Sacto area is 12:30am.

If history is any guide, 1am's and 1:15am's will show up once theaters start filling out their schedules.  If this REALLY is replicating a Star Wars movie, even sleepy Sacramento will get a couple of 3am and 3:30am showings at the busiest theater joints in the area.

• Like 1

I just got this weekend's showtimes an hour ago, and I'm obviously not gonna bring any ticket sales up, but while Rampage will be playing, Truth or Dare is MIA. It's especially weird, because my theater has always played films that were above 3,000 theaters. Either this is getting a theater cut, or tracking for this movie is so godawful my theater doesn't even want it.

Either way, Truth or Dare looks like it's going to get fucked this weekend.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I just got this weekend's showtimes an hour ago, and I'm obviously not gonna bring any ticket sales up, but while Rampage will be playing, Truth or Dare is MIA. It's especially weird, because my theater has always played films that were above 3,000 theaters. Either this is getting a theater cut, or tracking for this movie is so godawful my theater doesn't even want it.

Either way, Truth or Dare looks like it's going to get fucked this weekend.

Are you sure it’s not a mistake?

Just now, Lothar said:

What's wrong with Rampage ? 3 Tickets in 2 mins 

Feels kinda 6 weeks away from now the way it's selling tickets.

1 A Quiet Place 1233
2 Blockers 317
3 Ready Player One 270
4 Avengers Infinity War 239
5 Tyler Perrys Acrimony 171
6 Black Panther 151
7 I Can Only Imagine 100
8 Chappaquiddick 88
9 Isle of Dogs 83
10 Avengers Infinity War 3D 68
11 Sherlock Gnomes 56
12 Rampage (2018) 53
13 Ready Player One 3D 51
14 Ready Player One An IMAX 3D Experience 45
15 Avengers Infinity War The IMAX 2D Experience 42
16 The Miracle Season 42
17 A Wrinkle in Time 39
18 Pacific Rim Uprising (2018) 37
19 Love, Simon 34
20 Avengers Infinity War An IMAX 3D Experience 31
21 Paul, Apostle of Christ 24
22 Tomb Raider (2018) 22
23 Blumhouses Truth or Dare (2018) 22
24 Game Night (2018) 18
25 Grease 40th Anniversary (1978) presented by TCM 17
26 Gods Not Dead A Light in Darkness 14
27 Peter Rabbit 9
28 Rampage The IMAX 2D Experience 7
29 The Death of Stalin 7
30 Ready Player One The IMAX 2D Experience 7
31 The Metropolitan Opera Luisa Miller 7
32 The Leisure Seeker 7
33 Rampage 3D 6

Compared to truth or dare they do look like they are doing well at least (if that open over 14m like every Universal Blumhouse release did).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

You think it will have a big theater cut? Maybe there is too much out right now.

I don't think you understand. My theater has always had films at 3,000+ locations. Even stuff that barely made the mark, like Mountain Between Us, 12 Strong and 15:17 to Paris, made it to my theater. The only logical explanation is that the TC is actually below 3,000, bc even some stuff that was around the 2,800 mark (The Star, The Post) didn't come to my theater, or tracking is really bad, to the point that my theater doesn't think it's worth it. Why would they keep A Wrinkle in Time around for another weekend if they had at least a tiny bit of faith in Truth or Dare?

For AIW, AMC Empire 25 just bumped their Thur night preview showings to 46 up from 30 yesterday - more than two weeks out.  (at a glance it has 3 complete sellouts for Thur, 2 for Friday)

In comparison on Thur Preview night - GOTG2 had 24, BP had 18, Thor:R & WW had 16, SM:HC had 15 & JL 13.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

For AIW, AMC Empire 25 just bumped their Thur night preview showings to 46 up from 30 yesterday - more than two weeks out.  (at a glance it has 3 complete sellouts for Thur, 2 for Friday)

In comparison on Thur Preview night - GOTG2 had 24, BP had 18, Thor:R & WW had 16, SM:HC had 15 & JL 13.

TFA and TLJ comps or do you not have them?

Just now, feasby007 said:

Ah fair enough. So AIW is your biggest comp by far then?

Yes

Overall it's sellouts in the NYC area as of Sunday morning were already akin to BP the Wed before previews in NYC though with 87 fewer showings & 9 fewer theaters - also with greater saturation in non sellouts.

• Like 3