kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers: 4.5 M BAYWATCH

YourMother's Summer 2017 Animation Analysis for Domestic:

Thinking DM3 might be the Shrek 4 of the franchise domestic and do like $270M-$285M domestic. Cars 3, I think could do $200M domestic but has some bad will from Cars 2, Planes, and Planes 2. Underpants will likely do around $90M-$110M domestic with an outside shot of $130M+ domestic. Emoji will either do sub $50M or be a surprise hit and do $120M+ domestic.

Edited by YourMother

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

It probably was for me -  I should have left it at $18. :P

Should have! I had it at $25M a couple weeks ago and then after gauging interest, I brought it down to $20M lol 

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Not happening.

WW-120M

Mummy-35 (if it's lucky)

Quote me on this

It'll be hilarious if The Mummy breaks out to see your reaction.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wrath said:

SS was driven by amazing marketing.  WW is more of a "thing". I've been guessing mid 80s for WW for a while now, and listening to my daughters talk about it, I think I'm going to be rather low.

150 honestly feels more likely than 80 to me..

• Like 1

I still don't think WW hits $130-140M. I know presales mean very little sometimes but this is still an event film. It could very well breakout but I think $100-110M is still where it's headed. 

36 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

This weekend is just leaving breathing room for Wonder Woman to explode. 

I was trying to say this in CCT but movie theater stocks have been hammered last couple of weeks so I'm not so sure they are expecting a big breakout from WW. 

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

YourMother's Summer 2017 Animation Analysis for Domestic:

Thinking DM3 might be the Shrek 4 of the franchise domestic and do like $270M-$285M domestic. Cars 3, I think could do $200M domestic but has some bad will from Cars 2, Planes, and Planes 2. Underpants will likely do around $90M-$110M domestic with an outside shot of $130M+ domestic. Emoji will either do sub $50M or be a surprise hit and do $120M+ domestic.

I think Cars 3 will do good numbers. The franchise is still relevant due to merchandise.

+200m wouldn't surprise me at all.