Eric S'ennui

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

17 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I ain't watches 13 reasons because I don't have Netflix (though I do have some morbid curiosity) but doesn't it kinda seem like suicide glorification?

sounds like a poor man's heathers.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17682-1358455061-6.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I love that Ingrid Goes West is one of the trailers attached with Wonder Woman. Aubrey Plaza and Elizabeth Olsen, their power!

How is I Daniel Blake still showing up in these mixes? :lol: 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The 13 reasons backlash is strong holy

Yep. It was always going to have a backlash because of its subject but once it became immensely popular among an age group that has always been "misunderstood by adults", well, yeah, inevitable.

Half of its think-pieces were adults trying to understand how it exploded among teenagers and then why it appealed so much to them and then how horrifying it was and so on. Pretty understandable.

• Like 3

Godzilla dropped 67% over Mem Day FSS (2nd weekend) and 59% over FSSM.

A:C dropping 71% over FSS makes a multiplier north of 2.2x tough considering Godzilla did 2.15x.

2.2x will give 80 dom.

OS is 101...I don't know how many major markets remaining apart from China.

With 80 dom, is 170 OS possible for 250 WW?

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Yep. It was always going to have a backlash because of its subject but once it became immensely popular among an age group that has always been "misunderstood by adults", well, yeah, inevitable.

Half of its think-pieces were adults trying to understand how it exploded among teenagers and then why it appealed so much to them and then how horrifying it was and so on. Pretty understandable.

Its pretty easy. Because we're all suicidal

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com/site/dlxportal/docs/TrailMix_by_Deluxe-_WK_22_US.pdf

Can WB stop letting theaters choose from a pool of four trailers on their movies? It's impossible to get the Dunkirk trailer :sadben: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

WB gave a choice of ten trailers with BvS

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Godzilla dropped 67% over Mem Day FSS (2nd weekend) and 59% over FSSM.

A:C dropping 71% over FSS makes a multiplier north of 2.2x tough considering Godzilla did 2.15x.

2.2x will give 80 dom.

OS is 101...I don't know how many major markets remaining apart from China.

With 80 dom, is 170 OS possible for 250 WW?

Only Japan and China left. Prometheus did 21m in Japan, maybe Covenant can pull solid figure there. Dont know about China, bad release date so $30-40m? Hard to know.

Atm i would say 75 DOM and 160 OS for 235 WW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, afalconer7 said:

WB gave a choice of ten trailers with BvS

The options were SS, Lego Batman, and Tarzan. Lately they've just been giving theaters 4-5, and I always get stuck with the worst options. My theater REFUSES to attach Dunkirk with anything. I've only gotten it at La La Land and Life there (I also got it with GOTG in IMAX, but that's a different theater). But sure, attaching Transformers for the millionth time is great! :ohmyzod: :ohmyzod: :ohmyzod: :ohmyzod: :ohmyzod: :ohmyzod: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The options were SS, Lego Batman, and Tarzan. Lately they've just been giving theaters 4-5, and I always get stuck with the worst options. My theater REFUSES to attach Dunkirk with anything. I've only gotten it at La La Land and Life there (I also got it with GOTG in IMAX, but that's a different theater). But sure, attaching Transformers for the millionth time is great! :ohmyzod: :ohmyzod: :ohmyzod: :ohmyzod: :ohmyzod: :ohmyzod: 

Theaters would be making so much money if they attach a trailer for the biggest animated event of September.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Don't diss Trans5ers

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

The problem is that the subject of suicide is always brushed under the rug especially in the public school system. My French teacher could get in trouble saying this to us, but there was at staff meeting at the school where teachers are not allowed to talk about the show, and must "diffuse the situation" if kids are talking about watching it. 

I think it's another "teens wanting to lash out" same way hunger games had controversy because kids killed each other. It was like when the kid in my school committed suicide 2 years ago, only one teacher even talked about it to the class, and even she broke down crying.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

More than just SS, Lego Batman, and Tarzan:

-Central Intelligence

-Conjuring 2

-Fantastic Beasts

-Tarzan

-Lego Batman

-Midnight Special

-Nice Guys

-Suicide Squad

-War Dogs

http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com/site/dlxportal/docs/TrailMix_by_Deluxe_-_WK_13_US.pdf

12 minutes ago, picores said:

Only Japan and China left. Prometheus did 21m in Japan, maybe Covenant can pull solid figure there. Dont know about China, bad release date so $30-40m? Hard to know.

Atm i would say 75 DOM and 160 OS for 235 WW.

I doubt A:C can beat PTHEUS in Japan with the current exchange rate. Even POTC5 according to some is looking at 50 in Japan.

Skull Island did 18 in Japan.

Say 15-20 for A:C in Japan, 35-45 in China, and 105 rest for 155-170 OS.

155-170 OS + 70-75 Dom = 225-245 WW

Edited by a2knet

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Don't diss Trans5ers

Nope, fuck that movie. It's been trailer stalking me to the point I have it memorized.

Optimuss... Prime.

MY MAKER, I DOOOOOOOOOO

Your daughter, what would you say to her?

BRUSH YOUR TEETH WORK HARD,,,,, STAY AWAY FROM ANY BOY IN A BAND ESPECIALLY A DRUMMER

I'M NOT LEAVING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!111!1!!!!11

THE OPERATION IS OVER!

WE'RE NOT GIVING UP ON PRIEM, OK?

I WANNASTAY.......... AND I WANNA FIGHT THEM!

• Like 10