Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

I think the better comparision possible is Man of Steel, that one was released just one week later than WW and had near double digits in midnights but Sunday isnt comparable as MoS had Mother Day to stay flat from Saturday.

Fri: 38.0

Sat: 34.2 (-10%)

Sun: 25.3 (-26%)

OW: 97.5m

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Reminder that SS would have had much worse legs if it wasn't released in August when there's minimal competition at the end of the month and into early September.

It would have pulled a BvS multiplier if it was released in a more competitive month.

34 minutes ago, aabattery said:

qBERGaQ.png

behold my masterpiece.

Anyway, numbers are looking nicer. This is straight out of my ass but I think it'll tend to fall on the high end of the projected numbers we get this weekend.

The fatal flaw is that I'm holding a VHS. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

De people actually remember Alien Covenant was released a few weeks ago ?

:unsure:

I only remember movies that cross 75 dom after opening 35+.

Just now, CJohn said:

It would have pulled a BvS multiplier if it was released in a more competitive month.

Exactly. Hell, the new Annabelle is probably going to have better legs than Conjuring 2 because of its release date.

• Like 2

Solid if unspectacular number. Looking at about 95m OW, give or take. 

WOM overall definitely seems a lot better than BvS and SS so hopefully it'll hold well over the rest of its run. Don't think it's hitting 300m though. 

How's it looking OS?

34 minutes ago, Nova said:

Folks who don't think the DCEU has bad WOM need to read all the reviews that pretty much say the films up until this point have sucked. And that's including critic and user reviews. 

User scores are all 64%plus.

Which is actually 14% over half of 100% so that means the majority of film goers enjoyed it.  64/36 That's actually not a divisive number when you look at it that way:redcapes:

It s crazy how some markets aren't crazy with space movies.

Just look at the Dom/OS ratio of Guardians 2, Star Trek Franchise, Star Wars Franchise etc

Guardians Vol2 could have been a B$ WW grosser if some OS markets responded better to the genre.

Edited by The Futurist

20 minutes ago, Nova said:

Someone tell Tele that just because he was around when humanity was created doesn't mean he is a god or an emperor. 

@God Emperor Telehas got to go. 

"I am a collection of the obsolete, a relic of the damned, of the lost and strayed. I am the waylaid pieces of history which sank out of sight in all of our pasts. Such an accumulation of riffraff has never before been imagined."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

User scores are all 64%plus.

Which is actually 14% over half of 100% so that means the majority of film goers enjoyed it.  64/36 That's actually not a divisive number when you look at it that way:redcapes:

For a comic book film a 63% audience score may as well be the kiss of death. Not everything is black and white the way you're making it out to be. Each genre of film has its own type of standards when it comes to audience scores, multipliers, OWs etc. And based on the genre you're talking about, the spectrum of what's considered good or bad will change. 

Edited by Nova

23 minutes ago, DAR said:

Since I go to theaters a few times a year I did a lot of blind buys.  But I have curbed that the last few years.  I mean there's no fucking way I was buying Independence Day Resurgence

My parents said they watched it a few nights ago. My reply, "why did you do that to yourselves?"

• Like 1