Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Buzz and WOM remind me of Logan, at the very least.

Logan is a solid comparison. An extremely well-received movie that most people expected to be alot more frontloaded to Friday than it turned out to be because of previous entries. Like that, this has broader appeal beyond the fanbase.

Also, movies are routinely less frontloaded than predicted this year minus Alien Covfefe. I think patterns are starting to change a bit because of reserved seating and the spreading out of entertainment options.

• Like 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Logan is a solid comparison. An extremely well-received movie that most people expected to be alot more frontloaded to Friday than it turned out to be because of previous entries. Like that, this has broader appeal beyond the fanbase.

Also, movies are routinely less frontloaded than predicted this year minus Alien Covfefe. I think patterns are starting to change a bit because of reserved seating and the spreading out of entertainment options.

:sadben: 

Ridley didn't deserve this.

4 minutes ago, franfar said:

It's possible for me to have high expectations, and the critical failures of the past DC films to have an effect on the GA perception of the franchise.

The films may have been divisive but none of them have and Negative audience score.

The film is preforming right where it should be which Is why WB was  cautious with the Budget.

You don't spend less than 150mil on a film and expect 700+WW.

The company has kept their own expectations down when they themselves announced 65mil o.w .

18 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

Is more reliable RTH or Gitesh, and if RTH is early numbers and Gitesh is the new???

I'm not a troll, I'm just ask

In case you were um wondering this thread is a good 101 about our numbers

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/23731-the-real-everything-you-always-wanted-to-know-about-the-box-office-but-were-afraid-to-ask/

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mredman said:

Yet their movies are selling like hotcakes on Blu-Ray when they come out. I don't know if you buy movies you hate. Because i certainly don't lol

Their is no doubt that there is 2-4 million people that really like them and I would guess many of those were buying them no matter what irrelevant if they liked the movie or not, it is more about the average people that ended up seeing them

• Like 1

2.55x with 98 ow gives 250 dom.

Haven't followed OS numbers much but China is looking at ~65.

If rest of markets give 285..that's 350 OS and 600 ww.

Hope it goes over 600.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

The most anticipated movie of Summer and it can't crack 100m ow. RIP theaters.

......this year has had some fairly spectacular runs, and this here is probably going to hit MOS numbers. Just because shitty movies that nobody asked for like Pirates, King Arthur, and Baywatch flopped doesn't mean box office is dead.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FTF said:

If serious, alot:

BB

TDKR

SM

GoTG

IM

CA: TWS

SM2

Dr.S

etc

I am not good with the mulitplier thing so I'll ask my question in another way ...

What is considered a great multiplier these days for a superhero movie ?

Over 2,5-2,6 ?

2,8 ?

3 ?

:sherlock:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Since I go to theaters a few times a year I did a lot of blind buys.  But I have curbed that the last few years.  I mean there's no fucking way I was buying Independence Day Resurgence

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, aabattery said:

qBERGaQ.png

behold my masterpiece.

Anyway, numbers are looking nicer. This is straight out of my ass but I think it'll tend to fall on the high end of the projected numbers we get this weekend.

Never change aa.

Just now, Sam said:

So now he's a parasite?

No. He clearly controls Tele. Duh. Got the big, slithering mass in front of him to take all the heat while he can do all his true leader conspiracy things.

• Like 5

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

......this year has had some fairly spectacular runs, and this here is probably going to hit MOS numbers. Just because shitty movies that nobody asked for like Pirates, King Arthur, and Baywatch flopped doesn't mean box office is dead.

I'm wondering how much Alien Covfefe will make this weekend. Probably around 3.5-4M. It is looking more and more likely that it won't hit a 2X multiplier. Audiences just outright rejected the movie.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

The most anticipated movie of Summer and it can't crack 100m ow. RIP theaters.

I'll be shocked if Spider-Man isn't bigger then this due to Iron Man being involved. But everything else? Yeah I dunno.

If the Mummy is good, it will probably be a more leggy movie then anything. 

And I still think this has to do with so many summer releases starting back in March. That's not really normal. In past years: Beauty And The Beast, Kong, Logan, Power Rangers, Ghost In The Shell, The Fate Of The Furious (before Furious 7s breakout) would all be summer releases.