Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

9 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Yes but we have no ideal where the starting point is at this point.

We have nothing of the film only "It's Black history month"

"it's part of the MCU"

As of now the film has no hype so how could we even say 100mil opening?

I don't know about you but everyone I know (&I know a lot of people) goes to the movies.Its really absurd and a shame that many of you believe Blacks don't go to the movies on the regular basis.

Hidden figures and Get out are not comparisons to BP as its Budget will be more than those two films combined and then some and then some and then some.

I still think it's possible but we have until the first trailer until we get a clearer idea. I'm just saying under $200M domestic shouldn't happen. I also think legs will be great for this too given Black History Month. I'm thinking somewhere along $90M 3 Day/$115M 4 Day/$275M-$300M domestic. As of recently mid ranged movies with an African American cast (SOC, Creed, Hidden Figures and Get Out) broke out greatly. I also know a lot of people who go to the movies (myself included), I have friends who work at the movies. My entire school district did field trips for Hidden Figures for all the schools in the city. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this for Panther too.

Edited by YourMother

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I still think it's possible but we have until the first trailer until we get a clearer idea. I'm just saying under $200M domestic shouldn't happen. I also think legs will be great for this too given Black History Month. I'm thinking somewhere along $90M 3 Day/$115M 4 Day/$275M-$300M domestic. As of recently mid ranged movies with an African American cast (SOC, Creed, Hidden Figures and Get Out) broke out greatly. I also know a lot of people who go to the movies, I have friends who work at the movies. My entire school district did field trips for Hidden Figures for all the schools in the city. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this for Panther too.

Im not saying it's impossible but I'm saying we still don't know what the film looks like.

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

Im not saying it's impossible but I'm saying we still don't know what the film looks like.

True. I just think it has a very good possibility.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 3:55 PM, God Emperor Tele said:

This weekend, posting a spoiler can result in an immediate Box Office Discussion Forum ban. You will not be given a warning. 

And Pink only got a thread ban?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

True. I just think it has a very good possibility.

Not to mention Hidden figures was an Historical event as it is a history lesson.

This may have been the reason why the schools decided to take field trips to it but then again if they traditionally go for a February film then BP should be that film as I don't know if we have any black history films coming out in feb18.

4 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Not to mention Hidden figures was an Historical event as it is a history lesson.

This may have been the reason why the schools decided to take field trips to it but then again if they traditionally go for a February film then BP should be that film as I don't know if we have any black history films coming out in feb18.

That could be it too. The district wants a stronger focus on academics.

43 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

At the theater to see CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS

Reveal hidden contents

and some clever fool stuck a giant Poop Emoji poster on the door to the men's room. 

:kitschjob::kitschjob::kitschjob: 

Tele, you fool! Now it's sure to get $20m OW.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Black Panther will do well but I don't think it's touching DP numbers. I think if it does Doctor Strange/Guardians 1 numbers, Marvel will be more than happy.

That's the range I'm thinking of too. Panther ain't touching Deadpool.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ban1o said:

mm even it falls slightly below 100 million WB will obviously fudge it anywya 

If it's close, they'll just take some from King Arthur. Nobody would notice.

Edited by TheMovieman

• Community Manager
29 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

As of now the film has no hype so how could we even say 100mil opening?

Of course there is no hype right now. Its not coming out for like a year or two and the marketing, which creates hype, isnt even in it's nascent stages.

47 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

At the theater to see CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS

Reveal hidden contents

and some clever fool stuck a giant Poop Emoji poster on the door to the men's room. 

:kitschjob::kitschjob::kitschjob: 

Tele Jr dragged you to see Captain Underpants?

Guess you gotta brace yourself for a kid's movie. And him pretending to be Captain Underpants.