Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

8 minutes ago, PatrickvD said:

Still weird that an acclaimed film like WW opened so far below Suicide Squad and Batman V Superman, the cinematic equivalents of shit and vomit.

Marketing works. Those two movies had more compelling marketing.

But I'm guessing Wonder Woman's multiplier will tell the real story.

Just now, filmlover said:

I mean, can you imagine someone nonchalantly walking up to the box office saying "two for Captain Underpants, please"?

Exactly what I said yesterday as I was walking up to the box office, nonchalant voice and all.

5 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Once it was clear it is crossing 100, wb may have underestimated sunday, so actuals above estimate headline can be achieved.

Yeah, agreed w/that. (Just in case it may have cause confusion, when I said "I think the Sunday drop is overestimated, too", I meant the drop itself, not the number)

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Looks like WB could be overestimating that Sunday drop 28%? Higher than Alien Covenant?

So happy to see it over $100m!!

Maybe WB is thinking that the 2  game of the NBA finals has an impact on Sunday's numbers.

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Cars will not doing less than $ 180m and actually has good chances to make $ + 200m if it's good like reactions said.

Lot of people has underestimating this!

I don't know why Cars 3 would do 200m+ when the last one did sub 200m. 

160-180m is a good target though.

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Cars will not doing less than $ 180m and actually has good chances to make $ + 200m if it's good like reactions said.

Lot of people has underestimating this!

I don't know why Cars 3 would do 200m+ when the last one did sub 200m. 

160-180m is a good target though.

4 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Deadline saying 35.8. Actuals will come on monday.

Is that Deadline relaying official studio estimates or Deadline doing their own projections? Anyway, both would probably be close to one another as the number came rather late...

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

WONDER WOMAN WITH $100.5M

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Is that Deadline relaying official studio estimates or Deadline doing their own projections? Anyway, both would probably be close to one another as the number came rather late...

It's studio. Deadline was 35.7. so yes you are right, they are pretty close.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jack said:

The coming weekdays and next weekend's gonna be much more interesting. How well the strong WOM will bode for a sub 50% drop and keep the 3x multis alive. 

Why would a superhero movie drop less than 50%? 

Logan, original GOTG, Deadpool dropped high 50's. Even Dark Knight dropped 50%. 

I swear some people seem determined to have really unrealistic expectations for this film for some weird reason. 

• Like 15

A $100m opening for the first big female superhero origin film, directed by a woman, tracking at $65m originally, cannot seriously be referred to as "disappointing". 

Some people's predictions were just silly and not based on anything other than a hunch. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I swear some people seem determined to have really unrealistic expectations for this film for some weird reason. 

And then they act disappointed when the film doesn't meet said expectations. 

Anyways with that Saturday number, WW is crossing the century mark. Woohoo!! Now it's all about the legs. I am thinking it can pull a 2.8-2.9x after seeing how it held throughout the weekend. I wouldn't be shocked if it does more though 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

That's right and same people will be disappointed when it will have normal drop.

If that women above 25 maintajns further in run, I feel this will have strong weekdays but normal weekend drops which could change  in late weekends.

50 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

This piece of shit didn't appeal to woman over 25 (usually, the demo that gives the strongest legs), Wonder Woman is appealing to a completely new kind of demo to SH movies, and I don't think it will follow the same pattern of previous movies. 

That "piece of shit" is gonna end up with the higher world wide gross than WW. So guess this is a bigger s*#*???

I laugh at the people expecting this to buck trends and precedents and do something completely new when it has given no indication whatsoever so far of doing that. It has had normal drops and multi's so far comparable to other well received SH movies like logan, DS and gotg2. 

As to the poster above the "piece of shit" had far better saturday drop than this. And WW looks set to follow DS's OD to OW multi which i had earlier posted. Heck its possibly gonna be lower than that. 

Doctor Strange - 2.61 - 101.3 OW

I think it will follow DS's legs (~2.75) and do 280 +/- 10m Dom and 380m OS for 650m WW compared to 680 for DS. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 5

I guess I more mean in comparison than anything

a Wonder Woman movie should be blowing the 8th Fast and Furious movie out of the water but imo WB didn't give it the same marketing team as their other DC films while also it having to deal with their negative receptions anyway

Legs should be great at least, it's got a month to itself ahead of it 

• Like 1