Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

4 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Everything else? :lol: 

All of that -- no matter how well staged -- gets pretty boring when I don't care about the characters. I didn't love the first one but at least it had the puppy angle. 

I felt that the world building was pretty interesting. Very graphic novel-like. And the sheer beating that Keanu Reeves takes made me root for him. I know he's invincible, but it didn't feel like it at times.    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Although I dont see it missing 1b and 400 dom but it isnt beyond the realm of possibility that this misses out on those numbers if the reviews are bad again. JL will also face competition from Thor and late competition from TLJ, something which BVS didnt have to face. 

Thor should be more concerned with JL as its Two weeks before.

1 minute ago, elcaballero said:

I felt that the world building was pretty interesting. Very graphic novel-like. And the sheer beating that Keanu Reeves takes made me root for him. I know he's invincible, but it didn't feel like it at times.    

I really hated the world-verse. And I disliked the fact he had so much help. I've got hope for the third movie, since that's no longer the case. 

Just now, God Emperor Tele said:

I really hated the world-verse. And I disliked the fact he had so much help. I've got hope for the third movie, since that's no longer the case. 

Morpheus is gonna help Neo take on Smith in the next one though.

Just now, God Emperor Tele said:

Back to WW, I saw Shawn tweeted that it's the first CBM in the modern era to have a majority of women for OW. 52% to 48%. Another feather in its cap.  

Pretty remarkable. I think that kind of even split is a good sign for legs. Definitely has cross demo appeal and makes for a nice consensus date movie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Thor should be more concerned with JL as its Two weeks before.

Wayy to miss the point kudos!!!!

BvS had no competition 2 weeks before much less a direct competition with 100m OW. But no you are right it will not affect JL even 1% :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, God Emperor Tele said:

The setup for the third movie is so good. More 1v1 assassin fights sounds great.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

The first thing JL has to be is a good movie and coherent movie.  But there are some positives right now. WW is a huge positive. Affleck's Batman was pretty well liked.  The Flash could be a minor draw. Aquaman is the "hot guy" everything I read about that movie is ladies going wild for him.  If this is a well made movie, paced well etc..  I think it can cross the billion mark. 

But remember,  it'll need about $1.5B to be profitable. :sparta:

Putting a lot of pressure on Whedon aren't you? B)

2 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Back to WW, I saw Shawn tweeted that it's the first CBM in the modern era to have a majority of women for OW. 52% to 48%. Another feather in its cap.  

Although in fairness we want a big male share in a movie like this. Young boys need to be able to look up to strong women as role models as Emma Watson so often says. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Sure, but in terms of numbers more women saw GOTG2 opening weekend

• Like 2

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Although in fairness we want a big male share in a movie like this. Young boys need to be able to look up to strong women as role models as Emma Watson so often says. 

50-50 sounds pretty desirable to me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Everything else? :lol: 

All of that -- no matter how well staged -- gets pretty boring when I don't care about the characters. I didn't love the first one but at least it had the puppy angle. 

Coming from someone who liked Power Rangers move than JW2...kinda lose all credibility on the character front...

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

I think there's a chance the percentage skews back male in the next couple weeks. And as Jayhawk said, bodes well for being a date movie. 

Just now, ACSlater said:

Coming from someone who liked Power Rangers move than JW2...kinda lose all credibility on the character front...

Oh, the PR characters were much better developed than JW, which basically relies on Keanu for 100% development.