Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

That was Jeff Robinov's statement but he was also on his way out so there are those who claim he tossed in a poison pill on the way out so that it would seen as a failure if it didn 't hit that high mark. 

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/warner-bros-sets-bar-high-for-latest-and-priciest-incarnation-of-superman-1200493334/

Is this the same guy who green lit king arthur? What happened b/w him and wb?

Can we get a moderator to clean this crap up? Sick of reading the same D.C. Vs Marvel stuff. It's been played out repeatedly. I don't see how you guys have the energy to do it over and over again.

:sadno::sadno:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brian.jensen.507464 said:

It's pretty clear that WB spend more money marketing and promoting MOS, BVS, and Suicide Squad than what they spent on "Wonder Woman." But once "Wonder Woman" got rave reviews, they decided to go out for the marketing and promotion for "Wonder Woman", especially during the last two weeks of May, and right up to the release of the film in the first weekend of June.

That's what I was pointing out, but apparently you didn't read the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not how marketing works, WB did that late market blitz because it's worked with Kong in improving it's BO projections.

Studios don't sit on a project until they feel that it'll get rave reviews then push it. If that was the case then SS and BvS would've never been marketed as much as they were

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, brian.jensen.507464 said:

Which was unnecessary and idiotic to begin. Zack Snyder never liked Superman, and it showed in his portrayal of Superman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surejan.w529.h352.jpg

Which is why the entire universe, and nearly every single hero's motivation to fight for good revolves around him.

• Like 1

Just now, Walt Disney said:

Great reviews by critics and amazing box office results. I think Hollywood needs more "messes."

oh hahaha let's look at the success of a movie to determine the quality of a movie instead of actually analyzing the filmmaking hahahah

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Can we get a moderator to clean this crap up? Sick of reading the same D.C. Vs Marvel stuff. It's been played out repeatedly. I don't see how you guys have the energy to do it over and over again.

I don't think anyone is arguing Marvel vs DC. Simply discussing individual movies

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

No, you see. It's DC v Other DC v Not Really DC v Maybe Marvel v Generally uninterested.

:depp:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

oh hahaha let's look at the success of a movie to determine the quality of a movie instead of actually analyzing the filmmaking hahahah

wow, not sure what Ethan is on today, more sleep, good breakfast or whatever, he's on a roll today and actually...correct about things :blink:

saying this lovingly of course Ethan ;) 

1 minute ago, baumer said:

@Ethan Hunt is right.  Civil War is a mess.

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

:lol:

*crickets*

21 minutes ago, baumer said:

And 2.5 isn't that great of a multiplier.

When your averaging 120mil for an opening weekend a 2.5x is actually good.

If WW can pull the 2.7-2.8 many are hoping for then the Dceu average will be 2.4-2.5x.

thats pretty good when none of your films has opened under 100mil.

this is a feat that is vastly overlooked.

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

No, lets look at your individual tastes to decide the greatness of a movie; that makes sense. The bottom line is that the movie was a great success, so saying it has the same problem as a movie that did not succeed just can't be true. "You know what the problem with movie that succeeded and movie that failed is, they're both messes." Yeah, except one succeeded and one didn't.

• Like 3

Good opening for Wonder Woman. Wonder how high it could have gotten if it would have gotten Man of Steel's marketing campaign? Captain Underpants did fine for its budget and Pirates and Alien are done for domestically.

2 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

No, lets look at your individual tastes to decide the greatness of a movie; that makes sense. The bottom line is that the movie was a great success, so saying it has the same problem as a movie that did not succeed just can't be true. "You know what the problem with movie that succeeded and movie that failed is, they're both messes." Yeah, except one succeeded and one didn't.

it's fine that you like CIvil War. I'm glad you and many others enjoy it. I think it would be more fun if we had a civil conversation about why we each personally like and dislike as opposed to throwing box office numbers and RT scores and saying I win. At the end of the day your opinion is your opinion and I'm glad you have it

• Like 3

Just now, YourMother said:

The fuck is happening in this thread?!

just people can't handle WW opening well apparently so they drag years old mess that have nothing to do with WW back into the fray :P 

• Like 1