Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Man of Steel had better legs than Suicide Squad. One faced tons of competition and brutal TC drops while the other faced the emptiness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

True! I forget it was being around Christmas. Smart move on WB's part. If it only opens to 80m, it could make 245m thanks to holiday legs. 

The Hobbit AUJ did $300m from a $84m OW, I don't think Aquaman will be that leggy but i think WB would be thrilled if it did similar totals to other December films.

16 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

MOS OW is really $128m, getting only $163m after that is uhhhhhh bad lol.

No,You can't count special previews that were  purchased trough Wal-Mart.

MOS o.W is 115 without the previews the film gets an 2.396551724137931x.

While facing 66mil in WWz and 85mil in MU in its second weekend.

These two big openers at one time really is the reason the film missed 300 dom as it was only 9mil away.

IF you push WWz back a Week MOS easily gains another 9-12mil and would have avoided an 60% second week drop.

When you look at it that way the film actually preformed very damn strong.

SS had a 2.5x and is very well liked amongst the G.A. This is the very reason why the film has already made 80mil in home video sales and most likely will be close to passing the 100mil mark by August.

The film only had that 65% drop in its second week because of the T-Mobile deal as the company actually brought a margin of tickets to give to their customers.

When you look at it that way the film actually preformed very strongly.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Most people who don't get the full story but whatever you say. 

So you are saying people like Tele don't get the full story? Because he is why I calculate them like that nowadays. I just remove the 12M from the OW and from the total.

Those 12M were a sum payed to WB by Walmart. We know those tickets didn't even sold out. We also know those were for 7 PM shows. MoS had normal previews at midnight that were added to the OW.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cory said:

Especially with summer weekdays starting to kick in after its first week. I guess the public wasn't ready for a masterpiece. 

Was MOS suppose to do a 3x or something????

Im missing something.

3 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Reasonably pleased with the CU numbers...but I'm not feeling confident it'll make a 125$m domestic finish. At least it'll make it's budget back. 

that's 5.32x off the 23.5 ow.

BOSS BABY gonna do ~3.45x.

SMURFS:LV and LEGO BAT will end with ~3.3x.

With CARS3 releasing next to next weekend, ~3.5x and 85 dom is the high-end imo. Which going by it's budget is more than good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The Hobbit AUJ did $300m from a $84m OW, I don't think Aquaman will be that leggy but i think WB would be thrilled if it did similar totals to other December films.

Yep. I think they're expecting around 250m at least. December legs should help. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

MOS with 2.5x multiplier is much better than a lot of other CBMs and it also didn't have critics support either.

People have become very blind.

They are trying imply BVS multiplier on the entire franchise which is delusional.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

4 years after, Wonder Woman comes out, opens to over 100 million and we are talking about...

Man of Steel.

man-of-steel-pa-kent-gif.gif

Hail Snyder. :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

No,You can't count special previews that were  purchased trough Wal-Mart.

MOS o.W is 115 without the previews the film gets an 2.396551724137931x.

While facing 66mil in WWz and 85mil in MU in its second weekend.

These two big openers at one time really is the reason the film missed 300 dom as it was only 9mil away.

IF you push WWz back a Week MOS easily gains another 9-12mil and would have avoided an 60% second week drop.

When you look at it that way the film actually preformed very damn strong.

SS had a 2.5x and is very well liked amongst the G.A. This is the very reason why the film has already made 80mil in home video sales and most likely will be close to passing the 100mil mark by August.

The film only had that 65% drop in its second week because of the T-Mobile deal as the company actually brought a margin of tickets to give to their customers.

When you look at it that way the film actually preformed very strongly.

No it didn't but agree to disagree. It's all a matter of perspective I guess. 

6 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

What the hell are you doing in Edinburgh?

Meeting my future replacement down at the London Branch. Doing a face to face since as acting branch head I have veto power and from what i have heard he is a real piece of work.

He is taking me to St. Andrews so that's a plus for him I guess. If he can show me where Sky fall is that's another plus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiantCALBears said:

No way those official estimates for WW are right, Saturday too big and Sunday too small. They could be but I don't buy with actual the Saturday number is $35m+ and then is going to drop 27% today. 

The Saturday number is like $35.5m and Sunday drop is too harsh.  I would expect it to be around $103m for actuals.  

• Like 19

Just now, damnitgeorge08 said:

Dude that's dumb. Walmart paid 12 million straight up to wb. How can you include it to calculate legs?

Did people not go to the movie? What's dumb is pretending like it didn't happen like what CJohn Tele and whoever else wants to make that argument.